Gutted!

Lounge By sugarflorist Updated 27 Feb 2014 , 2:29am by sugarflorist

sugarflorist Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 11

AI have been working on a competition piece for the past 6 weeks. I have just been glazing my teapot and dropped it placing it back on the stand! The competition is Friday week!:cry:

10 replies
enga Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 11

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarflorist 

I have been working on a competition piece for the past 6 weeks. I have just been glazing my teapot and dropped it placing it back on the stand!
The competition is Friday week!icon_cry.gif

Awwww man, I feel so sorry for you sugarflorist. I hate when stuff like that happens. Do you think that it will dry in time if you make another one?

sugarflorist Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 11

A

Original message sent by enga

Awwww man, I feel so sorry for you sugarflorist. I hate when stuff like that happens. Do you think that it will dry in time if you make another one?

It is really cutting it fine enga, I know I can get the paste dry but not sure about the "glue", plus the sanding and the decoration and colour! Might just have to go with white china which means making a new cup and saucer too because I have already coloured that, but not got enough left to colour a teapot. At this I need tea and sympathy because I am feeling really sorry for myself. Looks like I have a long night remaking ;)

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 11

:( That made my stomach twist, and it didn't even happen to me.

Are any bits salvageable, or is it a total re-do? What medium are you using?

JWinslow Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 11

Sorry that happened to you.  I've dropped a tea cup I made (but had a spare), but it wasn't a competition piece. 

Annie8 Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 9:40pm
post #6 of 11

So sorry to hear.  I can imagine the frustration and the shock of it.

sugarflorist Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 10:53pm
post #7 of 11

A

Original message sent by scrumdiddlycakes

:( That made my stomach twist, and it didn't even happen to me. Are any bits salvageable, or is it a total re-do? What medium are you using?

Using modelling paste. It smashed like China. My son is always telling me to make spares but it all adds to the cost and time. I know he is right but I never learn. I generally loose flowers at some point but never a big peice like this!

I have entered for a floral arrangement (minimum of 12 full blooms) most competitors use some sort of vase not made with sugar but I personally feel that it is a cheat to do so. (Even though it is within the rules) and you gain extra points for making the effort. Really trying for a gold this time. So far I have achieved three silver awards.

Each competitor starts with 100 points and that gets reduced with each fault. So scores are banded. It does not work on gold being 1st . It workes on the points each entry gains. Then there is a best in show a 1st 2nd and 3rd all of whom get a monetary prize. So really you are always trying to beat your last score.

enga Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 12:02am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarflorist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by enga 

It is really cutting it fine enga, I know I can get the paste dry but not sure about the "glue", plus the sanding and the decoration and colour! Might just have to go with white china which means making a new cup and saucer too because I have already coloured that, but not got enough left to colour a teapot. At this I need tea and sympathy because I am feeling really sorry for myself. Looks like I have a long night remaking icon_wink.gif

You can do it girl, I know you can! I'm sending you some of my

(((((SUPER MOMMY STRENGTH))))) and a (((((BIG HUG)))))

to see you through, haa ha as I have been using it all week with super mommy to the rescue for my kids. I swear every time I pick up the paint brush to finish this cake I'm working on, one of them calls in dire straights :cry:

The cake is due tomorrow so I see a long night ahead also. Here's to burning the midnight oil (and a couple of shots)!!!!!

sugarflorist Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 1:46am
post #9 of 11

A

You can do it girl, I know you can! I'm sending you some of my

(((((SUPER MOMMY STRENGTH))))) and a (((((BIG HUG)))))

to see you through, haa ha as I have been using it all week with super mommy to the rescue for my kids. I swear every time I pick up the paint brush to finish this cake I'm working on, one of them calls in dire straights :cry:

The cake is due tomorrow so I see a long night ahead also. Here's to burning the midnight oil (and a couple of shots)!!!!!

Lol! How I wish I had some one here there nothing like having a friend around when thing go pear shaped.

enga Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 2:18am
post #10 of 11

You and me both! I have seen your work, you have mad skills. I have faith in you, so whip out a can of whoop a$$ in tell that teapot that your not having it today and it better get it together or else,lol. I always cuss my cakes out when they act up, heeee he he.

Well, off to finish my little trouble maker, please post pics.

sugarflorist Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 2:29am
post #11 of 11

A

You and me both! I have seen your work, you have mad skills. I have faith in you, so whip out a can of whoop a$$ in tell that teapot that your not having it today and it better get it together or else,lol. I always cuss my cakes out when they act up, heeee he he.

Well, off to finish my little trouble maker, please post pics.

I will I have lots of sweet peas already to go and I have made scabious too. Planning to put them with gingko and ivy.

You will have to show me your work. I am off to look at some spray painting tutorials as I need all the help I can get when things get arty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%