Customer Slamming Me On Facebook

Decorating By phoebe kay Updated 26 Feb 2014 , 6:55am by brendajarmusz

Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 25 Feb 2014 , 4:50pm
post #151 of 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Hottest mess of a thread I've seen in awhile!

Yes.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 25 Feb 2014 , 6:04pm
post #152 of 158

AWhat a balagan!

AivaCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AivaCake Posted 25 Feb 2014 , 10:44pm
post #153 of 158

I would say its reasonable to charge much much less when you use one of those "just add water" mixes and buy a 5 gallon bucket of buttercream compared to a scratch baker.  Its probably easier to push out 17 cakes that way, too.  Its okay to admit that something wasn't your best work, but its very tacky in my opinion to start calling out everyone else's cakes who try to offer their advice.  It can hurt to have your cakes nit picked at, for sure, but no one started out AMAZING.  Its a growing process.  

On another note, years ago, I was very active on a pregnancy related forum similar to this, and it was just as catty and dramatic.  I'm glad to know we weren't the only ones! haha! 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 2:41am
post #154 of 158

Such an amusing read...

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 2:49am
post #155 of 158

ARight? A person asks for advice, doesn't like it, and calls out other people's cakes. That is not nice. I'm always amazed when people ask for help and then get all upset when they get it! I'm in a jewelry course right now. 120 hours with a master goldsmith who is European. He doesn't care about my feelings one bit. Today, he told me if he had hired me, he would fire me for something I did wrong! Yes, I wanted to cry, but I want to learn, properly, more. So I check my ego at the door, shut my mouth and am learning more than I can imagine. I'm 52, a professional with a Masters degree. Is this easy??? No. I feel like a dunce. But the best are exacting and I thirst to learn what he knows. This is why I respond to criticism here with thanks. I wouldn't waste another moment arguing with people who want to be right. Nancy

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 3:44am
post #156 of 158

one of my favorite quotes:

"here take my advice I'm not using it"

:lol:

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 5:05am
post #157 of 158

A

Original message sent by nancylee61

Right? A person asks for advice, doesn't like it, and calls out other people's cakes. That is not nice. I'm always amazed when people ask for help and then get all upset when they get it! I'm in a jewelry course right now. 120 hours with a master goldsmith who is European. He doesn't care about my feelings one bit. Today, he told me if he had hired me, he would fire me for something I did wrong! Yes, I wanted to cry, but I want to learn, properly, more. So I check my ego at the door, shut my mouth and am learning more than I can imagine. I'm 52, a professional with a Masters degree. Is this easy??? No. I feel like a dunce. But the best are exacting and I thirst to learn what he knows. This is why I respond to criticism here with thanks. I wouldn't waste another moment arguing with people who want to be right. Nancy

So true. I lurked on this thread and wasn't going to join in bunt the first post showed a lady ready to throw in the towel because of a complaint from an angry customer. She got sympathy, encouragement and constructive advice from her peers. I think that's the point of this site,professional passionate cakers generously giving their advice. I want to hear the honest truth, not instructions I could read on the back of a ready mix. Ego's and wounded pride should always be left at the door, not everyone thinks our work is so great it shouldn't be critiqued.0

brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 6:55am
post #158 of 158

ACant we all just get along??? Lol lol lol sorry i was hoping this would bring a smile to everones faces. :-) :-) :-) Lets keep cakeing and baking lol have a great week everybody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%