Cakepop Sticks Or Paper Straws?

Decorating By Twerkdotgif Updated 26 Feb 2014 , 5:32pm by gscout73

Twerkdotgif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twerkdotgif Posted 22 Feb 2014 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 4

So, i've got a job to do mardi gras styled cakepops, and I have never ever in my life used the paper straws. 

Do you think they are more reliable and fashionable for such an occasion compared to the normal sticks?

Of course, Ive got to do a test run but i would hate to waste money

3 replies
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 24 Feb 2014 , 2:03am
post #2 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twerkdotgif 

So, i've got a job to do mardi gras styled cakepops, and I have never ever in my life used the paper straws. 

Do you think they are more reliable and fashionable for such an occasion compared to the normal sticks?

Of course, Ive got to do a test run but i would hate to waste money

Paper straws? Are you referring to the decorative stix that are available that look like straws? If so, those are the same material as the regular stix, just fatter and with a hollow center. They are sturdy enough for cake balls. What you choose to use is going to be based on personal preference as to what look you are going for and how much you want to spend. My personal preference is that I use the plain narrow stix. It is not important to me to have a design on the stix.

Twerkdotgif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twerkdotgif Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 4

A

Original message sent by gscout73

Paper straws? Are you referring to the decorative stix that are available that look like straws? If so, those are the same material as the regular stix, just fatter and with a hollow center. They are sturdy enough for cake balls. What you choose to use is going to be based on personal preference as to what look you are going for and how much you want to spend. My personal preference is that I use the plain narrow stix. It is not important to me to have a design on the stix.

yeah, the designed ones. I've decided I'm just going to use normal sticks, cheaper and cuter! Thanks!!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twerkdotgif 

yeah, the designed ones.
I've decided I'm just going to use normal sticks, cheaper and cuter! Thanks!!

Good choice. I like the plain ones as well. I want the focus to be on the pop, not the stick. You can dress them up by wrapping each one and tying them with a lovely ribbon, plain or printed. Printed ribbons go on sale at Michael's all the time, and right now Michael's has a great coupon promo going on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%