Please I Need An Expert Opinions.

Decorating By Hela Updated 22 Feb 2014 , 12:08pm by Hela

Hela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hela Posted 22 Feb 2014 , 10:51am
post #1 of 3

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3190279/width/200/height/400[/IMG] This is the first time that I will make a tiered cake so I really need your HELP ! Please I need to know everything about this cake. I think it's 10" and 8" right?? How many layers should every tier be?? And how much ganache and fondant..

2 replies
Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 22 Feb 2014 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 3

Without something next to a cake to give it scale, it's very hard to say "it's x and y" by looking at it alone.

I personally would have said 6" and 8". 

As for how many layers should each tier be....  that's surely personal preference?  I do 3 layers in my cakes, with 2 of filling.  But I know many people do 4 layers with 3 filling.  Others have been known just to bake a deep cake and cut it in half, thus giving 1 layer of filling.

There are lots of charts and tables online to tell you how much fondant you should use (I just eyeball it!)  I don't really use ganache so can't help you there.

Hela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hela Posted 22 Feb 2014 , 12:08pm
post #3 of 3

A

Original message sent by Relznik

Without something next to a cake to give it scale, it's very hard to say "it's x and y" by looking at it alone.

I personally would have said 6" and 8". 

As for how many layers should each tier be....  that's surely personal preference?  I do 3 layers in my cakes, with 2 of filling.  But I know many people do 4 layers with 3 filling.  Others have been known just to bake a deep cake and cut it in half, thus giving 1 layer of filling.

There are lots of charts and tables online to tell you how much fondant you should use (I just eyeball it!)  I don't really use ganache so can't help you there.

Okay thank you so much for your help :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%