Mf With Corn Syrup??

Decorating By Hela Updated 22 Feb 2014 , 9:31pm by CraftyCassie

Hela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hela Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 4:27am
post #1 of 10

ADo you think the marshmellow fondant is better with or without corn syrup?? I've made it a several times without corn syrup and every time it comes out hard and I really suffered when I use it !! :/ so do you think I should use corn syrup ??

9 replies
JennaGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaGee Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 5:15am
post #2 of 10

AIf you've tried it several times without corn syrup and it comes out hard, maybe you should try it with corn syrup and see what happens.

Hela Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 6:11am
post #3 of 10

AThanks for the idea.. But I really need someone's advice about it.. Someone who tried this..

redgbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redgbee Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 6:34am
post #4 of 10

Tried it with or without corn syrup it works but with corn syrup it can be manageable. If it stays too long (that is stored not used) it will be hard and crumbly. You can add corn syrup little at a time to make it pliable. If it is still crumbly with little on it, throw it in the microwave for few seconds and knead it. Per Jessica Harris, powdered sugar brand and marshmallows make the difference. I still have to tried it though. She recommends and she's only using Kraft Jet puffed marshmallows and C&G powdered sugar.

Hela Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 6:51am
post #5 of 10

A

Original message sent by redgbee

Tried it with or without corn syrup it works but with corn syrup it can be manageable. If it stays too long (that is stored not used) it will be hard and crumbly. You can add corn syrup little at a time to make it pliable. If it is still crumbly with little on it, throw it in the microwave for few seconds and knead it. Per Jessica Harris, powdered sugar brand and marshmallows make the difference. I still have to tried it though. She recommends and she's only using Kraft Jet puffed marshmallows and C&G powdered sugar.

Okay thank you :) but we don't have here these brands so I think I'm going to use corn syrup :)

redgbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redgbee Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 7:48am
post #6 of 10

don't add too much corn syrup okay, mine was too soft and unable to roll it nicely. just add so little at a time

Hela Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 8:02am
post #7 of 10

A

Original message sent by redgbee

don't add too much corn syrup okay, mine was too soft and unable to roll it nicely. just add so little at a time

Ok thanks for the advice :D

JennaGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaGee Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 8:17am
post #8 of 10

AI use mmf, i make Rhondas mmf, I add 2 tbls to the batch. I can't remember if the original recipe calls for for 1 or 2 but I always add 2.

CraftyCassie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraftyCassie Posted 22 Feb 2014 , 9:26pm
post #9 of 10

AI use 1tsp corn syrup with my mmf recipe. Comes out great. It's Wilton's recipe.

CraftyCassie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraftyCassie Posted 22 Feb 2014 , 9:31pm
post #10 of 10

AI also add some gumpaste to any mmf if I'm going to make flowers/characters. About half to the amount of fondant. Won't stretch as bad. Also the more color you add the stickier it gets. Just add some powdered sugar til it gets back to a good consistency.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%