MELROSE315 Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 1:38am
post #1 of

AHello. So we all try so hard to get our cakes to come out of the oven nice and level and baked evenly. Right? Well I have a hamburger and fries cake I would like to do. I have read lots of posts about making you cake bake level and flat.. But how do I bake a 8" round cake and get the dome to rise evenly? So it looks like. Hamburger bun. I am not planning on covering it in BC so I want it to look as much like a bun as possible.

My thought would be to cook at 375? Maybe to get it to rise faster? Or maybe I need a pan?

any thoughts? Thanks

3 replies
natt12321 Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 2:00am
post #2 of

A higher temp would certainly help it dome more. Just be careful that it bakes all the way through and that the outersides aren't burning in the process.

MartiW Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 2:11am
post #3 of

Use a lightweight pan.

Sassyzan Posted 21 Feb 2014 , 4:36am
post #4 of

Apreheat the oven to 425. Put the cake in, and immediately reduce the temp to 325. Bake until done. I do muffins this way and they get beautiful domes. AND/OR let your cake batter rest for 30 min or even longer after you mix it and before baking. Resting the batter can make it rise higher and more evenly. http://www.sprinklefingers.com/post/456765685/let-it-rest-seriously

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%