How Do I Get This Look?

Decorating By Donnabugg Updated 22 Feb 2014 , 5:45pm by SallySugarcraft

Donnabugg Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 8

Hey there.Does anyone have any ideas or instructions on how to do this icing technique?  Thanks so much!




7 replies
Dayti Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 8

Here is a video from youtube - Googling "buttercream ruffle cake" will bring up more results.

Donnabugg Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 8

Perfect! Thank you!  :)

AnnieCahill Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 8

Tip 104, fat end against cake.  Start at the bottom and zigzag it up the side in a row.

810whitechoc Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 8:53am
post #5 of 8

Just a tip if you've never done this before, use a metal ruler and press it into the sides of your cake to help keep your ruffles straight and the same width, it's very easy to go crooked as you're busy concentrating on the piping.

vldutoit Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 8

AThere is a tutorial on this site for that look. I watched it last night. It is very informative.

akwells50 Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 1:26pm
post #7 of 8

AI love the look of the ruffled cakes. I'm gonna have to try it too!

SallySugarcraft Posted 22 Feb 2014 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 8

I need to have a go at this.  It is on my list of 'Must tries'.  So many techniques to try, so little time!

Thanks for the tip 810whitechoc.


Quote by @%username% on %date%