Cake Recipes For Fondant Cakes

Baking By Fatemah Updated 1 Mar 2014 , 10:18pm by kellyk1234

Fatemah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fatemah Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 7:25am
post #1 of 3

AHi, I was wondering if anyone has any good recipes they can share for cakes that need to be covered with fondant. I'm new to cake decorating so I've been trying different recipes and often I find my cakes turn out too moist or soft and not firm enough. I made a square cake with ganache sharp edges recently and it looked really good until I covered it with fondant and the corner edges of the cake drooped a little and it made my cake look domed :\. The cake the I have most trouble with is red velvet, turns out delicious but too soft and crumbly. Would love some good recipes and advise.

2 replies
CMLayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMLayton Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 3

AYou can search the recipes on here. There are a ton of them to try! I recommend the durable cake recipes or the wasc ones for under fondant. I believe mud cakes work great also. Good luck!

kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 3

I have used spongy and dense cake recipes with ganache and fondant and they all work well.  After filling the cake, I put it in the fridge for at least 30 mins so it can firm up, and then I apply the ganache. It's also best to cover with fondant the day after, or several hours, after applying the ganache so the chocolate can have time to get hard. Hope this helps! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%