Decorating By prettycupcake Updated 18 Feb 2014 , 10:24pm by ria123

prettycupcake Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone,

Been a long long time I haven't been on here....Any-who, a client is asking me for an abstract babyshower cake with butterflies, I'm at a bit of a loss...What would you do??? Nothing comes to mind for some reason. 

Thanks guys!

5 replies
DeliciousDesserts Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 6

AHow big is the cake?

I would have the butterflies landed to make the silhouette of a pregnant woman. Have a few flying towards the silhouette.

DeliciousDesserts Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 6

AOh oh! You could do a large butterfly and the wing patterns could suttlely be items associated with babies...like a hide and seek drawing.

ria123 Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 6

Everyone has a different idea of what 'Abstract' means, so I would get the client to send you some pictures with a few different ideas of the styles and colours she wants and then design something from there x

prettycupcake Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 6

The cake is 45 servings, so two tiers. She send me a picture of an abstract cake and said she didnt want it like that lol...IDK I'll have to talk to her again...thanks ladies! 

ria123 Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 10:24pm
post #6 of 6

I would definitely ask her for some pics of what she does like rather than what she doesn't like. Or at least get her to describe a few ideas to you. I'm just thinking that if you google 'abstract cakes' you get some very different styles and ideas, she might think of abstract in a completely different way to how you think of something that is abstract x

Quote by @%username% on %date%