Elmo Block Cake-How Do I Do This

Decorating By shikhamj Updated 18 Feb 2014 , 1:39pm by shikhamj

shikhamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shikhamj Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 5

Hello friends,

I have an elmo block cake to do for a friend of mine. She wants the cake to be similar to an elmo block cake she saw on google images for 25ppl. I told her that a 7" block would be enough but she wants it to be 8"or 9". How big should a block cake be which can serve 25ppl. Please help me on this..  

Thank and Regards,

Shikha

4 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 5

AWell, a true block is equal in width and height all the way around, so keep that in mind. When I make a block, it seems like I always did an eight inch square. But that's way more than 25 servings, because it's two "normal" square tiers constructed as one. Like a double barrel cake, or extended tier. So do some math...you'll figure it out.

AZCouture Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 5

ASo basically two 6" square tiers will give you about 30. Close enough.

AZCouture Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 5

ABut...that won't really work either, just remembered the math. You'll be short on servings since you'll need to make it six inches tall, and two six inch tiers will come out to eight inches tall, throwing off the square. I'd be tempted to use a dummy for the bottom, and an eight inch tier on top.

shikhamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shikhamj Posted 18 Feb 2014 , 1:39pm
post #5 of 5

AThank you so much for your tips and help :) I will try to do an 8" block as she wants that to be a cake and no dummy I asked her. , 6" will be small and u r right short on servings and I don't want that for her :)

Wish me luck hope I do it right. thank you for helping me out :)

Regards Shikha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%