How To Get Bottom Perfect???

Decorating By nancylee61 Updated 2 May 2014 , 4:35pm by AZCouture

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 23 Feb 2014 , 1:15am
post #31 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Oh my friends, do I have the solution for you. Best investment you'll ever make for perfect bottoms, and you'll throw those pizza cutters and knives out the window. Now I did say investment, so don't say I didn't warn ya.

Get a pack of those thin, plastic chopping mats from Wal-Mart or whatever, they usually come three to a pack. Cut about a six inch square from one. When you're ready to sever that fondant from the cake, lay your square up against the cake, and cup your hand to make it curve around the tier.With your other hand, gently push down until it slices thru the fondant thru to the table. Repeat all the way around. When you've worked all the way around the cake. Take that same plastic and start moving it up and down rapidly, and clean up the little straggly bits. I also use it as a smoother.

My favorite trick of all!

Um, you are now officially my hero. Well, you already were so I guess now that makes you a Superhero.

shellic63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellic63 Posted 23 Feb 2014 , 1:25am
post #32 of 34

What a great tip, AZCouture!  By the way, your cakes are all so beautiful!

Bobbie1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bobbie1980 Posted 2 May 2014 , 4:14pm
post #33 of 34

AZ I could kiss your face!! I'm trying to do a wedding cake that doesn't have borders and was about to have a nervous breakdown lol!! I'm going to the store now! :)

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 May 2014 , 4:35pm
post #34 of 34

Oh shoot, thanks guys! Didn't realize you all had replied. YES, it is a brilliant trick if I do say so myself....really makes for super polished clean edges.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%