Cream Cheese Frosting And Fondant Decorations

Baking By Zainabr Updated 20 Feb 2014 , 6:36pm by Zainabr

Zainabr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zainabr Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 10:34am
post #1 of 5

So, I often get orders for red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing with fondant/gumpaste decorations on them. Thing is cream cheese frosting on cupcakes require refridgeration and fondant/gumpaste decorations melt once put in the fridge and taken out...

So what I usually do is keep the cupcakes refrigerated and put on the decorations right before the customers collect them. 

So heres the question. What do I tell my customers to do. If they are collecting the cupcakes in the morning to be served in the evening, they will have to put them in the fridge in order to stop the cream cheese from going bad (sorry, forgot to mention I live in Dubai where it is HOT!!), but if they do then when they take out the cupcakes to serve the decorations melt!! 

Somebody please help me!

4 replies
texasporvida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasporvida Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 11:46am
post #2 of 5

ANot sure if this would work for the situation, but when they pick them up could you have an extra set where you show them how to place the topper before serving? That way all items are safe until serving time. -Tracy

Zainabr Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 5

Hey, thanks for the reply, but since the cakes are customised I usually make different toppers each time. So not sure it would work :(

Fatemah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fatemah Posted 19 Feb 2014 , 7:15am
post #4 of 5

AIf they keep cupcakes in a nice cool air conditioned room, very close to cool air it should be fine. Otherwise if they refrigerate the cupcakes with the gumpaste decorations then once it's out of the fridge a bit of direct dry air maybe from a fan or air conditioner should help evaporate the sweating from the gumpaste and dry them off.

Zainabr Posted 20 Feb 2014 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Fatemah for the tip :)

My friend who I gave the cupcakes to said that she did put them in the fridge and only took them out right before serving, so they decorations kept their shape since it wasnt out long enough to melt before she ate them :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%