Horrible Cake Feedback!!

Decorating By sashasenna14 Updated 27 Feb 2014 , 4:22pm by Annabakescakes

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 5:41am
post #31 of 49

AThe fact she didn't complain immediately speaks volumes. The bills for the rest of the event have come in and she's trying to recoup some of it. Glad you deleted her and her cowardly comments, keep going girl!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 11:23am
post #32 of 49

A

Original message sent by MBalaska

most people who do this baking decorating are enamored with everything cake.  That amorous adoration of cake does not extend to the rest of the world.

It's often just another product that people purchase with their money, and they do not have the same emotional attachments to it that the creator does.  It's business. People are pretty cut throat and cold blooded in business dealings.  There is no magic happy dust in a cake that turns people (customers) into angels.

Original message sent by nancylee61

I'm always amazed when people ask for help and then get all upset when they get it! I'm in a jewelry course right now. 120 hours with a master goldsmith who is European. He doesn't care about my feelings one bit. Today, he told me if he had hired me, he would fire me for something I did wrong! Yes, I wanted to cry, but I want to learn, properly, more. So I check my ego at the door, shut my mouth and am learning more than I can imagine. I'm 52, a professional with a Masters degree. Is this easy??? No. I feel like a dunce. But the best are exacting and I thirst to learn what he knows. This is why I respond to criticism here with thanks. I wouldn't waste another moment arguing with people who want to be right. Nancy

These two comments may be the smartest things I've seen on here in about a year.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 12:48pm
post #33 of 49

ABut isn't the magic happy dust exuded by the enthusiastic baker, who gave that customer a smoking (undercutting) deal, and baked it with love (cats in the kitchen), enough to turn any frown upside down?

Eachna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eachna Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 1:18pm
post #34 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar 

These two comments may be the smartest things I've seen on here in about a year.

I agree with your agreement, costumeczar :D

It's too late now, but I would have suggested a different approach than most of the others. I say this as someone who would only ever be a potential customer, rather than another baker. I would have kept the negative feedback on my facebook page.

I'm a pretty picky person. For me, a person who shows that they've received *some* negative feedback and responded to it in a calm and professional way is a better choice than someone who shows 100% positive feedback. The truth is, no matter *how* fantastic someone is, they're not going to please everyone. Honestly, some people just can't be pleased. What *I* don't want, is someone who will freak out if things go badly.

I take the attitude that if someone tells you that you did a bad job and you can't handle it or you think you need to hide it, you also probably can't handle any disasters that come your way (like a dented cake, missed deadline, ingredients shortage, or whatever other crises can strike a baker).

Life has taught me that the people I can trust to be reliable are the ones who can handle negative feedback. 

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 2:19pm
post #35 of 49

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eachna 

I agree with your agreement, costumeczar :D

It's too late now, but I would have suggested a different approach than most of the others. I say this as someone who would only ever be a potential customer, rather than another baker. I would have kept the negative feedback on my facebook page.

I'm a pretty picky person. For me, a person who shows that they've received *some* negative feedback and responded to it in a calm and professional way is a better choice than someone who shows 100% positive feedback. The truth is, no matter *how* fantastic someone is, they're not going to please everyone. Honestly, some people just can't be pleased. What *I* don't want, is someone who will freak out if things go badly.

I take the attitude that if someone tells you that you did a bad job and you can't handle it or you think you need to hide it, you also probably can't handle any disasters that come your way (like a dented cake, missed deadline, ingredients shortage, or whatever other crises can strike a baker).

Life has taught me that the people I can trust to be reliable are the ones who can handle negative feedback. 

I've been watching this thread waiting for someone to say this. Taking it off is like how eBay took of negative feedback and made it so you can only leave positive feedback. Now I don't know if someone I'm buying from has a habit of being late, or as a seller if a particular buyer is always trolling for free stuff. Now if she really thought it was that horrible, she should've sent it back and gone to the grocery store. The fact she didn't jsut means she was trolling for a freebie which happens A Lot in retail. I'd be retired if I had a penny for everyone that tried that, and I'm only 32, lols. :D

costumeczar Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 3:21pm
post #36 of 49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

But isn't the magic happy dust exuded by the enthusiastic baker, who gave that customer a smoking (undercutting) deal, and baked it with love (cats in the kitchen), enough to turn any frown upside down?

Depends on how much of the happy dust you've been sniffing.:-P

Eachna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eachna Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 4:05pm
post #37 of 49

Shouldn't we all be baking our happy dust into brownies? :D

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 4:20pm
post #38 of 49

you can in colorado and a few other places now but i stopped baking the happy stuff into the brownies back in the 60's

:lol:

signed,

vintage hippie

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 4:28pm
post #39 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eachna 

Shouldn't we all be baking our happy dust into brownies? 

It's imperative that we're careful about what we post or CakeCentral will be charged with a felony in some jurisdictions. If this site is closed down by the authorities, we'll have to find someplace else to ask for advice that we don't want to hear.  

AZCouture Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 4:35pm
post #40 of 49

AWait...you can't leave negative feedback on Ebay anymore? That's the first thing I check before I ever get the inkling to buy something from someone. Wow.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 4:59pm
post #41 of 49

Quote:

Wait...you can't leave negative feedback on Ebay anymore? That's the first thing I check before I ever get the inkling to buy something from someone. Wow.

Yep, ruined eBay.

costumeczar Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 5:19pm
post #42 of 49

Quote:

Wait...you can't leave negative feedback on Ebay anymore? That's the first thing I check before I ever get the inkling to buy something from someone. Wow.

you can still leave a negative...I just checked. Maybe they tried it and people went nuts so they put it back? They do give you a message encouraging you to contact the seller before posting a negative review, but I would have been able to leave it bad if I wanted to.

costumeczar Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 5:25pm
post #43 of 49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

It's imperative that we're careful about what we post or CakeCentral will be charged with a felony in some jurisdictions. If this site is closed down by the authorities, we'll have to find someplace else to ask for advice that we don't want to hear. 

Hahaha!

When I said "happy dust" I was referring to that cloud of confectioner's sugar that comes out of the mixer bowl when you turn it on.What was everyone else talking about? :lol:

AZCouture Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 5:54pm
post #44 of 49

A

Original message sent by costumeczar

Hahaha!

When I said "happy dust" I was referring to that cloud of confectioner's sugar that comes out[B]in a rainbow poof when a Unicorn sneezes and farts at the same time.[/B] What was everyone else talking about? :lol:

Heh heh.

craftybanana Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 6:16pm
post #45 of 49

AHm, Happiness Dust... Colored Sprinkles makes everything better! :D [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3193219/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

costumeczar Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 6:58pm
post #46 of 49

Quote:

Heh heh.

Hey! unicorn farts are nothing to sneeze at!

AZCouture Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 7:03pm
post #47 of 49

AAnd a sneeze is nothing to fart at! :-D

craftybanana Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 2:35am
post #48 of 49

Quote:

And a sneeze is nothing to fart at! icon_biggrin.gif

unless you do both at the same time.... :lol:

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 4:22pm
post #49 of 49

A

Original message sent by craftybanana

[QUOTE name="AZCouture" url="/t/768201/horrible-cake-feedback/45#post_7488327"] And a sneeze is nothing to fart at! :D [/QUOTE]

unless you do both at the same time.... :lol:

My poor dear daughter does that. She is always so embarrassed, she just turned 10 on Monday, so I hope she does it for another 15 years, and disgusts all the boys ;-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%