Everyone Loves Google, So Remember To Watch What You Say.

Business By AZCouture Updated 17 Feb 2014 , 12:07am by SystemMod2

MimiFix Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 3:59pm
post #31 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmom 
 

I googled my name, there are 401,000 entrees..LOL  my name is so original.

 

You googled Norasmom? :wink: 

AivaCake Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 4:12pm
post #32 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 
 

I just googled my name and found maybe 3 people, possibly 4 with my same name, who are living, and about 5 dead people with my name. My husband has a family cemetery with 4 tombstones with my name on them. A few years ago, I told my kids I was undead, and I had actually died and came back to life 5 times, and showed them the tombstones as "proof". It was my 3rd time there, haha. My daughter was 6 at the time, and she remembers it because she believed me. World's Most Awesome Mommy, right here, lol. She said she wasn't scared because she knows I love her and she loves me too <3 my doll baby. I really am a meanie.

THAAAAAT is hilarious!!!!!!!!!

JennaGee Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 5:38pm
post #33 of 56

LOL! 

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 9:03pm
post #34 of 56

AWhen I was 18, my husband took a picture of me wearing a sheet, looking over my shoulder at him. We developed the film, along with about 4-5 other rolls, but many of the pictures were blank, so we left them and just took what we wanted. About 6 years later I got a spam email from Anne, and opened it, not realizing it was spam. Anne, who of course wanted to marry me from Russia and move to America, sent me a picture of herself and the enticing pic was that picture of me in the sheet. I almost lost my mind. I was opening every spam message and googling for that pic. I was getting on message boards and dating sites and totally freaking out for a good 2 months. I lost weight because I would feed my kids really quick and get back on the computer before I ate and just forget to eat. I finally had to let it go, there was nothing I could do, but it felt like such a violation.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 9:04pm
post #35 of 56

AFYI, I was totally covered, I just had bare shoulders.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 9:07pm
post #36 of 56

AI have the picture saved on my computer because I am flattered someone thought I was cute enough to entice men into sending them money to buy a bride, lol, but I still feel so weird about it, and it has been 10 years since I found it. I wonder if it would work in an image search? Anyone know anything about that?

as you wish Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 9:14pm
post #37 of 56

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

I have the picture saved on my computer because I am flattered someone thought I was cute enough to entice men into sending them money to buy a bride, lol, but I still feel so weird about it, and it has been 10 years since I found it. I wonder if it would work in an image search? Anyone know anything about that?

Oh my goodness! I am cry-laughing! It is hilarious, and totally understandable, that you were both flattered and mortified at the same time! (I would have felt the same way!)

Apti Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 10:16pm
post #38 of 56

Annabakescakes~~  I am sending a VERY sincere thanks to my mom in heaven.    I cannot even begin to imagine what you must have thought when you opened that spam.  If it ever comes up again, just tell people it was photoshopped and they'll never know that it was a real picture of a lovely lady.

Annabakescakes Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 10:21pm
post #39 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by as you wish 
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I have the picture saved on my computer because I am flattered someone thought I was cute enough to entice men into sending them money to buy a bride, lol, but I still feel so weird about it, and it has been 10 years since I found it. I wonder if it would work in an image search? Anyone know anything about that?
Oh my goodness! I am cry-laughing! It is hilarious, and totally understandable, that you were both flattered and mortified at the same time! (I would have felt the same way!)

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apti 
 

Annabakescakes~~  I am sending a VERY sincere thanks to my mom in heaven.    I cannot even begin to imagine what you must have thought when you opened that spam.  If it ever comes up again, just tell people it was photoshopped and they'll never know that it was a real picture of a lovely lady.

Well, I was still cute and thin at 24, when I saw the picture, so I was mortified. Now that I am 34, fat and old, I want to show it off, lol. Let me start digging, and see if I can find it.

AZCouture Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 11:21pm
post #40 of 56

AAnna....what the?! Omg!

AZCouture Posted 13 Feb 2014 , 11:22pm
post #41 of 56

AAnd yes, upload that to Google image search! I'm dying to know where else it is!

ellavanilla Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 1:59am
post #42 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

When I was 18, my husband took a picture of me wearing a sheet, looking over my shoulder at him. We developed the film, along with about 4-5 other rolls, but many of the pictures were blank, so we left them and just took what we wanted. About 6 years later I got a spam email from Anne, and opened it, not realizing it was spam. Anne, who of course wanted to marry me from Russia and move to America, sent me a picture of herself and the enticing pic was that picture of me in the sheet. I almost lost my mind. I was opening every spam message and googling for that pic. I was getting on message boards and dating sites and totally freaking out for a good 2 months. I lost weight because I would feed my kids really quick and get back on the computer before I ate and just forget to eat. I finally had to let it go, there was nothing I could do, but it felt like such a violation.

 

Boy am I glad I read to the end of this thread...

 

HOLEECOW!! I just cannot believe. That must be the worst coincidence in the history of coincidences.

AivaCake Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 3:17am
post #43 of 56

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

Well, I was still cute and thin at 24, when I saw the picture, so I was mortified. Now that I am 34, fat and old, I want to show it off, lol. Let me start digging, and see if I can find it.

I know how you feel. When I get spam emails from someone in Malaysia who has love me long time and love my profile, please send pics I think "oh, honey, you don't want a picture right now but I can send one from 2005?" Haha!

docofthedead Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 8:23am
post #44 of 56

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

Well, I was still cute and thin at 24, when I saw the picture, so I was mortified. Now that I am 34, fat and old, I want to show it off, lol. Let me start digging, and see if I can find it.

Anna, if you find your picture online elsewhere, mark across it as STOLEN! There are scam busting websites that keeps databases of stolen pictures. Also, if it is used in another scam, hopeully that person will do a google image search andit will pop up with STOLEN on them, and help them avoid being scammed! Hth

MBalaska Posted 14 Feb 2014 , 9:08am
post #45 of 56

Annabakescakes: there is good news for you.....when you are 64, 74, 84  you will look back at your photos from today and kindy and warmly think of how beautiful and thin and lovely you were in your 20s and 30s.................and that's a fact.:wink:

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Feb 2014 , 10:13pm
post #46 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by as you wish 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I have the picture saved on my computer because I am flattered someone thought I was cute enough to entice men into sending them money to buy a bride, lol, but I still feel so weird about it, and it has been 10 years since I found it. I wonder if it would work in an image search? Anyone know anything about that?
Oh my goodness! I am cry-laughing! It is hilarious, and totally understandable, that you were both flattered and mortified at the same time! (I would have felt the same way!)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti 
 

Annabakescakes~~  I am sending a VERY sincere thanks to my mom in heaven.    I cannot even begin to imagine what you must have thought when you opened that spam.  If it ever comes up again, just tell people it was photoshopped and they'll never know that it was a real picture of a lovely lady.

Well, I was still cute and thin at 24, when I saw the picture, so I was mortified. Now that I am 34, fat and old, I want to show it off, lol. Let me start digging, and see if I can find it.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

When I was 18, my husband took a picture of me wearing a sheet, looking over my shoulder at him. We developed the film, along with about 4-5 other rolls, but many of the pictures were blank, so we left them and just took what we wanted. About 6 years later I got a spam email from Anne, and opened it, not realizing it was spam. Anne, who of course wanted to marry me from Russia and move to America, sent me a picture of herself and the enticing pic was that picture of me in the sheet. I almost lost my mind. I was opening every spam message and googling for that pic. I was getting on message boards and dating sites and totally freaking out for a good 2 months. I lost weight because I would feed my kids really quick and get back on the computer before I ate and just forget to eat. I finally had to let it go, there was nothing I could do, but it felt like such a violation.
 
Here it is. I just figured out how to do an image search, and I got nothing. I will search my old email, to see if I can find the email it came in. I know I saved it for a while, because I would open it up and freak out all over again, 20 times a day. I don't even know if I was web savvy enough back then to realize I could move it to my inbox, lol. It was my first computer, probably 6 months after I first got online.  I didn't know how to do a screen shot until 2009, too bad. I wish I had!

 

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Feb 2014 , 10:17pm
post #47 of 56

The sheet was just across my chest, bunched up, and I was barely holding it on. It had slipped down my back, and piled on the chair behind me. Thank gawd there were no nudes taken! My little brother worked in the Meijer photo lab and they would take the nudes, and make copies, and put them in a 3 ring binder, with the acetate photo pocket sheets in it. It was still there when he left after 4 years, haha.

MBalaska Posted 15 Feb 2014 , 10:47pm
post #48 of 56

You don't have to believe me, but in a few decades........You're goinna be really proud of that photo.:wink:

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Feb 2014 , 10:51pm
post #49 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 
 

You don't have to believe me, but in a few decades........You're goinna be really proud of that photo.:wink:

Oh, 16 years and 50 more pounds later, I am already super proud. Why do you think I posted it? lol!

MBalaska Posted 15 Feb 2014 , 11:07pm
post #50 of 56

Good For You, and remember that each day that you wake up you are younger than you will ever be again.

 


and you will look back on even this very day and not think about how wrinkled, grey, fat, ugly you feel.........You will see your good memories only.

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Feb 2014 , 11:14pm
post #51 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBalaska 
 

Good For You, and remember that each day that you wake up you are younger than you will ever be again.

 


and you will look back on even this very day and not think about how wrinkled, grey, fat, ugly you feel.........You will see your good memories only.


Oh! You perky thing! I envy your smile! Just beautiful! I have smiled with my mouth closed in pictures since I realized I had a bad overbite and spaces in my teeth, at 8. And your hair is just gorgeous!

MBalaska Posted 16 Feb 2014 , 12:01am
post #52 of 56

I'll delete that photo soon, Its a professionally photo-shopped photo of a teenager. however as I'm making a point as to finding your way to liking yourself today, and appreciating your positive qualities--now.  Your wisdom, courage, strength, knowledge, skills, intelligence,  baking & decorating abilities grow better even when your body grows older.  Be proud of yourself, take lots of photos of your beautiful cakes and cookies and enjoy your life.

 

You'd walk past me a thousand times today and not know me as those days of youth and vigor are long gone.

Coco Chanel said: "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty."

Norasmom Posted 16 Feb 2014 , 12:20am
post #53 of 56

Anna, that photo looks like a selfie of today…but yes, you are gorgeous in the photo, and even with 50 lbs I bet you are still gorgeous.  Did you get married at 18?  I was so old when I married…!

.   I bet you are glad there weren't any nudes!

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Feb 2014 , 12:56am
post #54 of 56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norasmom 
 

Anna, that photo looks like a selfie of today…but yes, you are gorgeous in the photo, and even with 50 lbs I bet you are still gorgeous.  Did you get married at 18?  I was so old when I married…!

.   I bet you are glad there weren't any nudes!

 

 

Yep, married at 18, 2 1/2 months before I turned 19. My twins were due 2 months before I turned 21. (I had them 2 months early). And thank you, I had no idea I was that pretty until recently. I certainly don't feel pretty, I will be sad to see in 20 years if I look back and think I was pretty now, because I never leave my house, haha.

 

I would be mortified if it was a nude! Or if there had been any nudes at all, after that. I suppose the photo people must have stolen it. Really weird!

craftybanana Posted 16 Feb 2014 , 1:58am
post #55 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 
 I suppose the photo people must have stolen it. Really weird!

Not surprising if it was stolen, If you didn't develop it yourself. I used to be in charge of a photo lab, here's how the machines work: They store amounts of data (photos) on them for a period of time or until the reserved memory gets used up. That is so if a customer complains about a photo not coming out right we can reprint it without their film. I am sad to say that I have actually seen photos set aside that did not belong to my 'underlings' and have ripped them up and tossed them in the trash. The same goes for the Kodak/Fuji kiosks. The different thing about the kiosks is that if you have the password (usually the store number) you can get in to change just about any setting you want and look at all the pictures stored on there. Sad but true. But please don't get paranoid about photo labs, those of us who are serious about photo development don't do such things, so if you find a place you trust all the better. :)

 

And by the way, 34 isn't old.. I'm only 2 years behind you and loving every minute of it! :) As my Dad says, "you're only as young as you feel" And I think he feels like he's still in his 30s instead of 60s! xD

SystemMod2 Posted 17 Feb 2014 , 12:07am
post #56 of 56

This topic has run its course, and moved off course. Thread locked.

 

Please keep BUSINESS topics about business, not personal stories.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%