Cocoa In A Meringue

Decorating By cakelove2105 Updated 12 Feb 2014 , 3:29am by MBalaska

cakelove2105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelove2105 Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 2:38am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I just wonder if anybody here have ever add cocoa powder to a any kind of meringue o frosting in order to get a dark color?

thank a lot :)

3 replies
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 3:15am
post #2 of 4

A. Are you trying to get to black? I wouldn't recommend it for a meringue frosting. Adding cocoa powder isnt the issue. It has been my experience (several tragic ones) that meringe frosting and deep/dark cokors arent meant to be. I just use fondant. Don't even bother anymore

cakelove2105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelove2105 Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 3:22am
post #3 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by morganchampagne 

. Are you trying to get to black? I wouldn't recommend it for a meringue frosting. Adding cocoa powder isnt the issue. It has been my experience (several tragic ones) that meringe frosting and deep/dark cokors arent meant to be. I just use fondant. Don't even bother anymore

Lol that's what I thought. No,I'm trying to get a red color

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 12 Feb 2014 , 3:29am
post #4 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakelove2105 

".....I just wonder if anybody here have ever add cocoa powder to a any kind of meringue o frosting in order to get a dark color?..."

Cakelove2105 I've done both.  Added cocoa powder to baked meringues, they were tasty, but I prefer simply white meringue best.

I recently added cocoa powder to Swiss Meringue ButterCream when making camo cupcakes to get the brown & black colors.  It tasted exactly like a cup of cocoa rather than tasting like chocolate fudge. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%