Yikes!!! I Need Some Help Asap!

Decorating By CakersbyEggers Updated 11 Feb 2014 , 9:47pm by CakersbyEggers

CakersbyEggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakersbyEggers Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 5

So I ordered a Lorann Almond emulsion online and I just got it in the mail. I need it for a cake order this week. I went to open up the box and the bottle had frozen completely in transit. It froze so much that the pressure built up and popped the bottle cap and safety seal off of it. Some of it spilled out that wasn't frozen. However, all that is left in the bottle is frozen solid. IF I am able to get this to defrost will it be okay to use? I really need to use it for this order. TIA!

4 replies
liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 5

I would call Lorann, and they should be able to ship out a new bottle.  Most companies that ship in glass bottles will only ship on Monday or Tuesday, so a package won't sit over the weekend in a hub and freeze (or melt in the summer).

They can tell you if it is still usable.

Liz

CakersbyEggers Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks! I originally ordered through a candy company on Amazon. I already contacted them about the issue, but I will also call LorAnn and see if they can help me.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 5

I just got an order yesterday direct from Lorann, and it had not frozen, and the temps here are terrible also (10 below 0).  I think what you have left will be ok, as long as your bottle didn't break.

Liz

CakersbyEggers Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 5

No, the bottle itself didn't break. I am attempting to defrost it right now. I just contacted LorAnn and asked them. The temps here have been about the same. Pretty much below zero for days on end.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%