Someone Please Help Me??

Decorating By gdesiree63 Updated 11 Feb 2014 , 3:19pm by MimiFix

gdesiree63 Posted 10 Feb 2014 , 3:01am
post #1 of 8

AOkay. So I really love to bake so now I'm trying to do things from scratch now.. I made pumpkin cupcakes came out great. I been trying different recipe's for a yellow cake I just can't get it right it tastes like cornbread. . I put the sugar and butter together till light and fluffy and do 1 teaspoon vanilla 3 eggs one at a time then dry ingredients rotating with milk and still comes out funky can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong???

7 replies
AZCouture Posted 10 Feb 2014 , 3:58am
post #2 of 8

ACan't help much if you don't tell us what recipe you're following.

gdesiree63 Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 12:56am
post #3 of 8

AI've used the pillsbury recipe.. The one I've tried 2 times already is from YouTube from joys of baking which is 1 cup of unsalted butter 2 cups of Sugar 3 cups of flour 4 eggs 1 cup of milk 1 tablespoon of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.

as you wish Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 1:21am
post #4 of 8

ASeems like an awful lot of baking powder.

Psyched baker Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 1:48am
post #5 of 8

A[SIZE=2][/SIZE]I agree with as you wish. That is too much baking powder. Check out Good Housekeeping's classic yellow cake recipe. I use something similar and it is great. You also may be baking it too long or at too high of a temperature ( certain pans require a lowered temperature-darker/heavier metal. HTH. Pasting a link to the GH yellow cake recipe:

gdesiree63 Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 2:27am
post #6 of 8

AOk I'll try that thank you two very much!!! And psyched baker I will try that recipe and let you know how it goes again thank you!!

castlefordcakes Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 7:07am
post #7 of 8

ACould it be over mixed xx

MimiFix Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 8

"Upon investigation, it doesn't appear to be too much baking powder," said Sherlock :detective: 

Quote by @%username% on %date%