Petit Fours - Do They Stick To Cake Stands?

Decorating By CakesByStephanie Updated 11 Feb 2014 , 3:41am by liz at sugar

CakesByStephanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByStephanie Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 6

I have had a couple brides want to order petit fours for their weddings this summer, in the pictures they showed me the petit fours are not in cupcake wrappers but placed directly on the cake stand. If the petit fours are placed directly onto the cake stand wouldn't they stick to it?

5 replies
liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 10 Feb 2014 , 2:34am
post #2 of 6

They will leave a sticky mess, at the very least.  Are these actual petit fours, or fondant covered mini cakes?  I would use a very shallow candy wrapper if they are petit fours, or the display will look very messy as people help themselves.

Liz

CakesByStephanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByStephanie Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 1:19am
post #3 of 6

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your response. I was originally thinking of just doing fondant covered cakes but then I was readings posts about people using the poured fondant method so I was thinking of trying that. If I stick with the rolled fondant method do you think they will still stick? I just have it in my head that people will try to pick one up off of the cake stand and it will be stuck to it and leave half of it behind if I don't use a baking cup underneath. Thanks for all of your help!

Stephanie

liz at sugar Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 1:53am
post #4 of 6

I don't use rolled fondant, but would you use a mini cake plate under a mini fondant cake, just like a large cake?  That would help keep the stand neat and tidy.

Liz

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 2:57am
post #5 of 6

In the old days they use to provide a pair of dessert tongs to use when removing each piece, but I guess the old days are over.

liz at sugar Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 3:41am
post #6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniseNH 

In the old days they use to provide a pair of dessert tongs to use when removing each piece, but I guess the old days are over.

Yes, and there was probably an attendant to use those tongs!  Now it is every man for himself! :)

Liz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%