Newbie Asking For Feedback...

Decorating By jenniBees Updated 9 Feb 2014 , 9:25pm by AZCouture

jenniBees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniBees Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 3

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3183516/width/200/height/400[/IMG] I have been doing cakes as a hobby, as a creative outlet. I just did this cake this past weekend. It is an 8" & 6" tort cut, buttercream with fondant, serves 35. I live in an urban Midwest city-ish. I put approximately four hours into the cake from baking to walking away from the cake. I put in another 45 min. into delivering and set-up. I won't tell you what I charged...I undercharged since I am new and it was for a co-worker. I have little idea on how to put a price on my work. By serving, by labor (which seems fair), by materials and labor?

The next cake is another cake I did last summer, just as another sample of what I can do. If anyone wanted to give me an idea for what either of them are worth, I would be most appreciative. Thanks everyone!!

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3183513/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

2 replies
enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 3

I undercharged since I am new and it was for a co-worker. I have little idea on how to put a price on my work. By serving, by labor (which seems fair), by materials and labor?

You do very lovely work, you are way out of my league in the fondant department.lolz.

With that being said, you have answered your own questions, you should use all of those to help you with what you charge. You have the skill set now you need to take everything into consideration of what it actually costs you to create your beautiful cakes. Most importantly decide what you think your time is worth. You will be surprised at the final amount you come up with. And you shouldn't feel bad about charging accordingly because you are worth it.

Happy Baking!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 3

AJust do a Google search for "how much to charge Cake Central", just like that. You'll get so many links back here to good.information, you'll be an expert in no time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%