Marine Corps Cover

Decorating By rpaige Updated 9 Feb 2014 , 5:29pm by enga

rpaige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rpaige Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 6

I have not found a thread on this subject and apologize if it annoys by being repetitive.  I want to make a Marine Corps cover or hat to top a large sheet cake for the MCJROTC ball.  I would like to hear your thoughts on how to best create/cover the hat.  Use RKT or carved cake?  How would I get the brim or bill of the hat shiny but not the rest of the hat?  Brief step by step would be very helpful and I appreciate any additional pointers.  I see many beautiful covers on the Marine Corps cakes here on CC so hoping for direction.  Thank you

5 replies
MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 1:17am
post #2 of 6

You may try sending a Private message to the cake decorators on the ones that you like.  Good Luck.

rpaige Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 1:53am
post #3 of 6

AI've tried contacting a few and have had no response. Will just figure it out. Thanks for responding.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 2:31am
post #4 of 6
rpaige Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 12:30pm
post #5 of 6

AThank you for responding. I have made several Marine Corps cakes and even one similar to the YouTube video you provided. I wanted to do the white and black hat to place on top of the cake. I've searched youtube and the forums here with no success. Had hoped others could offer suggestions on the best way to carve, etc. I will just have to eat all my failures! Thanks again

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpaige 

Thank you for responding. I have made several Marine Corps cakes and even one similar to the YouTube video you provided. I wanted to do the white and black hat to place on top of the cake. I've searched youtube and the forums here with no success. Had hoped others could offer suggestions on the best way to carve, etc. I will just have to eat all my failures! Thanks again

Your welcome rpaige, hopefully one of the people you contacted can give you some advice. I hear you on eating your failures, my muffin top is turning into a full blown 2 layered cake,lolz.

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%