Making Fondant For First Time

Decorating By psgodusa Updated 9 Feb 2014 , 1:10am by bikemom3

psgodusa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psgodusa Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 6

Ahi all, i am not a fan of fondant so i have never made it. i want to try it now, so i need the smallest quantity in which i can try out the recipe. Will anyone share their recipe which will be easy for a person like me who is totally a newbie at fondant? thanks in advance

5 replies
JennaGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaGee Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 6

You can search CC for Rhonda's Ultimate MMF, it's a great fondant recipe and adapts easily to different flavors. I make it all the time with a few tweaks.

Or you can google search Liz Marek's Fondant. That one is similar to Rhonda's except Liz adds a small amount of store bought Wilton fondant for elasticity. I've never made it but I've seen great reviews. 

Then there's Michelle Foster's Fondant. A bit more labor intensive than the other two, but if you master it you are set for life!

JennaGee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaGee Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 6

Oh, and IMO Rhonda's MMF is the easiest and cheapest fondant to make! HTH!

KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 6

I make Liz Marek's MMF.  As mentioned, she does add Wilton white fondant to the mix, but I love the result.  Also, instead of the 3 tablespoons of water, I use 1 tablespoon of water and 2 tablespoons of clear vanilla flavouring.  It just makes it a bit tastier.  It's a very easy fondant to make and use, and inexpensive.

I buy the Wilton white fondant at Michaels whenever they have a 50% coupon, so that I have it on hand when I need to make fondant.  I use dollar store or Walmart marshmallows.  They work perfectly.

This is her recipe:

http://artisancakecompany.com/2012/11/the-best-marshmallow-fondant-recipe-ever/

CMLayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMLayton Posted 8 Feb 2014 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 6

AI make Liz Marek's fondant as well and highly recommend it!

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 9 Feb 2014 , 1:10am
post #6 of 6

AI also make Liz marek's mmf recipe. It's the third fondant recipe that I've tried and it was by far the easiest to make and even my hubby liked it( he hates fondant).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%