How To Contact A Realtor For A Commercial Property

Business By LaurenSprinkles Updated 7 Feb 2014 , 7:32pm by MimiFix

LaurenSprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenSprinkles Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 2

Hello everybody!

I am currently in the process of moving into a storefront and found a location that I REALLY fell in love with. I found the realtors information but I don't exactly know how to approach him. Do I just call and request a date to go look at the place, I do not want to sound unprofessional but this is my 1st time going through an experience like this so I have no clue how to handle this. I have the demographics on the retail location as well. :-)

Any advice will help im sure! Thank you so much in advance bakers!

Lauren

1 reply
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenSprinkles 

I found the realtors information but I don't exactly know how to approach him. Do I just call and request a date to go look at the place

Yes, just call the realtor and set up a time. Bring a list of questions that may not be addressed in the showing, such as any lease restrictions, who is responsible for building maintenance, what they will do for you (put in a floor, paint, etc.). If you like the space, go home and think about it. If you want to proceed, find out the DoH license requirements and bring a contractor to your next visit. Opening a storefront is very expensive; whatever you estimate needs to be doubled. (Fainting at the $$$ is unprofessional :wink: )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%