If It Were You, How Would You Make This Castle Cake? Tia

Decorating By Mybearsbaby Updated 7 Feb 2014 , 12:36am by SweetShop5

Mybearsbaby Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 6

AHi all! I had a request for this castle cake, minus the Minnie and polka dots, and somehow in incorporate damask print. Any suggestions? How would y'all make the towers? [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3181575/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

5 replies
cakefancier Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 6

Mold some rice krispie treat into the tower shape and cover with fondant.  Cute cake!

Faradaye Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 6

AI just made one of these. I used PVC pipe, cut to length, sprayed the inside with oil, and then packed it tight with rice crispie treats. The rice treats slid out easily and were in a nice round shape. I covered them in melted chocolate for smoothness, then fondant.

The pic is in my gallery.

Mybearsbaby Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 6

AThanks yall! And Beautiful cake faradaye! What size PVC and what size pans do you recommend?

Faradaye Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 6

AMy cake was a 9 inch bottom and a 7 inch top...the only problem was the 'lip' on the top of the bottom tier wasn't as wide as my turret, so my turret had overhang. I was very worried about it tipping, but my melted chocolate glue held, thank goodness!

So if you want to learn from my mistake, I would say make sure that the difference between your tier sizes is going to give you a big enough lip that will be bigger than the diameter of the pipe. I hope that makes sense. I also sat the top tier not centred, but as far back as possible on the bottom tier, to give myself as much room as possible for the turrets.

My hardware store had all different widths of PVC piping, pretty inexpensively priced. I had to buy it long, and then my husband cut it down for me.

SweetShop5 Posted 7 Feb 2014 , 12:36am
post #6 of 6

I would definitely use rice krispies, I believe its the easiest way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%