How To Find Thread With Changes To Wasc Cause Cake Box Smaller?

Decorating By sewsugarqueen Updated 6 Feb 2014 , 4:05am by sewsugarqueen

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 4

I remember reading that people had to make changes to WASC recipe because the companies all made cake mix boxes smaller.  I finally am going to make a WASC for an event but can't figure out how to find the thread where people told how to change recipe.  ( need to cut back on a few items.)  Tried checking thread for WASC but didn't see changes.  Forgive me folks but I walked to school with the dinosaurs and am not computer savy.  Biggest problem is my MAC computer died and I have a PC.  

Anyone remember the thread name where they talked about the smaller size cake mixes and how to alter it?   Or if you remember what to do just post it for me.  Would appreciate it.  

And why did I switch to a PC--cause I wanted and did get Cake Boss software to keep track and cost of my recipes.  If I had the money I'd just keep the PC for Cake Boss and get another Apple product ( I still call them MACs).

3 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 4

I remember people talking about the reduced mix sizes, but I thought most of them were simply purchasing an extra box of mix and weighing out the missing 3 ounces instead of altering their tried-and-true recipes...

That's what I do...

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 4:05am
post #4 of 4

Thank you FlourPots and MBalaska...I will write it down on my recipes... yes it does seem easier to just make up the difference with another box... why mess with a great recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%