What Kind Of Wrapper Is This?

Baking By kblickster Updated 5 Feb 2014 , 4:18pm by JohnnyCakes1966

kblickster Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 12:39am
post #1 of 7

Is this rice paper?  Parchment?



6 replies
CindiM Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 1:00am
post #2 of 7

It looks like parchment to me.  My rice paper does not fold that well.

kblickster Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 1:30am
post #3 of 7

Thanks Cindm.  That's what I thought.

Sweetie Cakes Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 6:49am
post #4 of 7

Parchment! They come in many sizes. If you go to Webstarauntstore.com, they have red, brown and white in a couple sizes. I love using them, because they can make any cupcake look super fancy!

Relznik Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 8:35am
post #5 of 7

They're also known as Tulip Cupcake/Muffin Wrappers

MimiFix Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 7

Tulip cups are available for purchase in many retail stores and online, but it's a lot cheaper to make your own. Cut large squares of parchment and fold/fit into your cupcake pan. Keep trimming until the desired size and use it as a template.

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 5 Feb 2014 , 4:18pm
post #7 of 7

My experience with this type of cup is, if they don't fit snugly into your muffin pan, they will spread open and batter gets into the folds. If you buy some that are smaller than your muffin pan cups, I suggest pressing them along the bottom and sides so they fit snugly before adding batter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%