Upside Down Cake With Chocolate Wrap

Decorating By mariebakes Updated 6 Feb 2014 , 10:11pm by kyliecake

mariebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariebakes Posted 4 Feb 2014 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 2

Hello,

I have an order for an upside down cake with a chocolate wrap on it. I have the structure of the cake sorted out, but I'm wondering about doing the wrap. I've wrapped cakes before, but always had a larger board or cake under them. If I stack my cake on the board as usual, then wrap as usual, the wrap will be going around the board. Since it will not be sitting on a larger board or cake, do I have to worry about it sliding off? I hope that made sense. Alternatively, I could trim my cake a bit smaller and have the wrap sitting on the board, then do a band but I would like to avoid that. 

I will also be attaching modeling chocolate panels on top (so the tempered chocolate is a shiny recess). Should I cover my cake with fondant/modeling chocolate prior to doing the wrap? I don't want to risk anything falling or getting pulled off. For reference it will be a 10 inch cake, sitting on an 8 inch.

Thank you!

1 reply
kyliecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliecake Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 2

i would just make my wrap out of modelling chocolate instead of tempered chocolate.  it won't be as fragile as the plain chocolate.  i did this for my pot of spaghetti and meatballs in my gallery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%