How To Get A Fluted Effect On Fondant Around The Edge Of A Cake?

Decorating By angelicakiwi Updated 31 Jan 2014 , 3:44am by shanter

angelicakiwi Posted 30 Jan 2014 , 9:16am
post #1 of 6

Hi, could anyone please tell me how i can get this flute like effect. I'm assuming that is fondant they have used. Thank you :)

5 replies
smashleec Posted 30 Jan 2014 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 6

The picture is really small and hard to see. Do you  have a bigger picture of what you are looking for?

cakeyouverymuch Posted 30 Jan 2014 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 6

I agree with smashleec that the photo is not entirely helpful, but I'm going to guess that this is fondant pleated with dowels.  The following link should give you an idea as to how this is done:


In your example it appears that the fondant pleats are carried over the top edge of the cake rather than being cut short and covered with trim.  hth

angelicakiwi Posted 30 Jan 2014 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 6

Hi, thank you , that picture in the link is what i would like. I thought i could do it without the dowels when putting it around the cake but i will try the dowels just incase. Sorry i didn't realise the pic i posted appeared so small. I had clicked the larger picture display when posting.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 30 Jan 2014 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 6

No harm.  Glad to be of help.  Let us know how it goes.

shanter Posted 31 Jan 2014 , 3:44am
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%