What Is This And Where Do I Get It?

Decorating By RosiesKitchen Updated 28 Jan 2014 , 4:46pm by RosiesKitchen

RosiesKitchen Posted 28 Jan 2014 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 5

ADoes anyone know what you call the sticking up curly stuff in this picture and where can I get it in the UK?[IMG]http://www.flickr.com/photos/cakechester/4624545055/in/photostream/[/IMG]


4 replies
costumeczar Posted 28 Jan 2014 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 5

I can't see the picture, but if it's like this it's called bear grass and you can get it in the floral section at craft stores. Not sure what they have in the UK as far as that goes, but it's pretty common as a filler flower kind of thing in the US. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1012&bih=670&q=bear+grass&oq=bear+grass&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1133.2672.0.2794.

RosiesKitchen Posted 28 Jan 2014 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks - it's kind of like that but curls round...I'll try to upload again...

costumeczar Posted 28 Jan 2014 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 5

that just looks like paper. Take some medium-weight cardstock and use a quilling tool to curl it up really tight. When it unwinds it will do that on the ends. You can leave the straight end of it unwound when you do the winding to make sure it stays straight.

RosiesKitchen Posted 28 Jan 2014 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 5

AThanks for that, will try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%