Where Can I Get?

Decorating By nikkidock Updated 27 Jan 2014 , 10:39pm by nikkidock

nikkidock Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 3:20am
post #1 of 4

Hi guys. I came across the fluffy american buttercream recipe but as I live in the UK I have no idea where to get hi ratio shortening from. Does anyone know where I can get this or what I can use in place of it?



3 replies
LizzieAylett Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 4

What is the recipe that you use?  I use real butter in mine and it gets very light and fluffy, tastes good and is a bit more natural.  The only thing is it's not white white, but it does for most purposes.

cupcakemaker Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 4

AYou use trex in American buttercream - bleugh!

nikkidock Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 4

Hi Lizzie, I use a basic butter, icing sugar, vanilla and milk buttercream recipe but I heard that the american fluffy one gets quite white and has more stability so wanted to give it a try and see how it turnt out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%