Hacked

Decorating By gigiel Updated 27 Jan 2014 , 4:02am by SystemMod1

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 3:21am
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar 

It's not definitely a virus but it could contain one if it had links, which it doesn 't.

Yes it did, it had a hyperlink to cakecentral.com but I seriously doubt that link takes you to us, or if it did you get there by way of virus being loaded on your PC.  Besides the horrible grammar and the fact I got it over 300 times to my in-box because of all the threads I've been on AND to my personal I don't get how people fall for Helen.

I mean, Helen, you love may be for us to be for us and you may be my heart love, but I don't swing that way honey.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 3:34am
post #32 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

If it is Jason, as so many have been suspecting, this is showing his true colors because whoever is doing this is trying to give ALL of you viruses and ruin your computers.

Jason just sent me a message outside of CC, and asked that I post it, since he is unable to defend himself.  Here is his comment:

I was just informed that I am being blamed for an attack on CC. I am no longer able to defend myself on CC, but if you could relay the message that I am in no way responsible for it, it would be greatly appreciated. As an IT professional I am well aware of the major issues these types of malware attacks can cause, and I have way too much respect for the CC community to cause so much harm to innocent users. For a member of the CC staff to blame me for such an attack without any proof is representative of this staff member's continued personal bias.

As I see from the numerous posts above this one, not many CC members actually believed that Jason was responsible, but I wanted to post his response anyway.

Have a nice evening CC!

Liz

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 3:46am
post #33 of 36

A

Original message sent by FromScratchSF

Yes it did, it had a hyperlink to cakecentral.com but I seriously doubt that link takes you to us, or if it did you get there by way of virus being loaded on your PC.  Besides the horrible grammar and the fact I got it over 300 times to my in-box because of all the threads I've been on AND to my personal I don't get how people fall for Helen.

I mean, Helen, you love may be for us to be for us and you may be my heart love, but I don't swing that way honey.

She's persistent, if nothing else! I didn't see a hyperlink but i was probably busy hitting delete.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 3:55am
post #34 of 36

I got the messages in question and even brought it up in a thread in the lounge. It never entered my mind that a regular/friend here would be behind that silly message. The fact that we all got the same message tells me a robot sent it and it wasn't personal...........and I'm one of the least computer knowledgeable people around here (but I do own common sense).

I'm have to agree that Fromscratch linking Jason to those messages isn't proper/nice at all! I don't like the comment about implying "his true colors" either! Isn't that trying to start a fight?

I also don't think anyone thinks they can get a virus from simply reading a spam.......... Sheesh are we all a little more adult and street savvy than that?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 4:02am
post #35 of 36

A

Original message sent by Stitches

I

I'm have to agree that Fromscratch linking Jason to those messages isn't proper/nice at all! I don't like the comment about implying "his true colors" either! [B]Isn't that trying to start a fight?[/B]

Reread the thread, FromScratchSF didn't start the Jason thing, she was responding to it. She also said she didn't think it was him. Anyway, the pojnt is to not make a date with Miss Helen, even though my fake email account is waiting for a reply from her. She has thus far rejected me. ( or should I say the middle-aged man who lives in his mother's basement i told her i was.)

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 4:02am
post #36 of 36

If you have further questions or issues please go to the other thread I created about the spam attacks because most of you have clearly lost your minds.  You will be issued infractions and temp bans if you bring a member or non member's name into this clearly professional attack on our website that I'm really busy trying to keep clean, and if you post an email from a BANNED member you'll soon follow him.

http://cakecentral.com/t/767581/cake-central-has-been-hacked#post_7480227

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%