Start A New Small Business

Decorating By ClaudiaK Updated 25 Jan 2014 , 7:38pm by MimiFix

ClaudiaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClaudiaK Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 5

Hello! I am a new member. I have been decorating cakes for a few years for friends. I really like the idea of selling them not only because of the extra income but because I live to do this. I wanted to ask if you have ideas in how to start this journey and how the get clients. I am not a professional baker but the cakes I have done had great reviews. Thank you so much.

4 replies
Hunterschild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hunterschild Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 5

AI own a small bakery, just about to celebrate being open for 2 years, 3 months into the business, I was lucky enough to come across Helen - who literally walked into my shop one day, and asked could you she decorate cakes for me - the rest is history, she now works for me part time - I provide the cakes, she decorates! So it may be an idea to visit local bakeries in your area? :)

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 5

I too have decided to provide my love for decorating and baking to the public...outside of family and friends.

So far, I've created a website with the help of my husband. I've also created a Facebook Page. I can't stress the last enough. It so incredibly easy to post pictures and give quick status updates on what you're working on. And the best part? People LOVE to see the pictures! The more visibility the better! Good luck!

ClaudiaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClaudiaK Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the idea. I will be creating a website. Now, I just need the customers :)

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 25 Jan 2014 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandraDee73 

I too have decided to provide my love for decorating and baking to the public...outside of family and friends.

So far, I've created a website with the help of my husband. I've also created a Facebook Page. I can't stress the last enough. It so incredibly easy to post pictures and give quick status updates on what you're working on. And the best part? People LOVE to see the pictures! The more visibility the better! Good luck!

To be a legal business in NY: Home Processor Permit. HTH, good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%