Pricing Method

Decorating By Cupcake0Royal Updated 24 Jan 2014 , 2:23am by Nadiaa

Cupcake0Royal Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 1:28am
post #1 of 6

ASo im a young learner of baking and i've found this website so I figured i'd learn from here. So i have a question if someone were to sell this cake: [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3172712/width/350/height/700[/IMG] how much would you sell it for? Any methods?

5 replies
AZCouture Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 1:37am
post #2 of 6

AFirst lesson:

We can't possibly price that without knowing the sizes. Then, is it top shelf ingredients? But even then...everyone will have a different number. So the best question to ask would be "is there a link to a good pricing formula so that I can calculate my costs and figure out a good price that will pay me well?"

AZCouture Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 1:39am
post #3 of 6

AMethods: CakeBoss (software, not the guy who says fawndawnt), that's a great one, and I know there's apps as well, and then good ole fashioned spreadsheets and Excel type programs. Good luck, I know there's lots of links all over this site to all kinds of pricing programs and tips.

Cupcake0Royal Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 2:05am
post #4 of 6

AThank you! I will look right in to that! :D

Cupcake0Royal Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 2:11am
post #5 of 6

ABTW i heard is was about 1ft and 3 in. tall but i don't have an idea of how wide it is im sorry :(

Nadiaa Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 2:23am
post #6 of 6

It think AZCouture meant by size you would need to tell people the 3 tier sizes. That will tell how many servings the cake is.  But she's a pro and is totally right, there are too many variables for people to just have a guess. The best thing you can ever do is learn how to price your own cakes to factor in all your own costs. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%