Turquoise Non Pareils???

Decorating By Nadiaa Updated 23 Jan 2014 , 1:02am by Nadiaa

Nadiaa Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 12:14am
post #1 of 4

I'm planning my daughter's birthday cake and need turquoise non pareils. The problem is I live in Australia and they don't seem to exist! 

Her birthday isn't until May and I wanted to do a small 2 tier ocean inspired cake - very girly - so I'm doing the bottom tier in buttercream using the petal effect in pink, turquoise and white then the second tier I wanted to cover in pink, turquoise and white non pareils. Then have pearls at the base of the top tier and a sea inspired crown with pink jelly jewels in it on top. And, randomly, it will also have a fondant unicorn and a flamingo on the cake too :) It's very 'her' - lol!!! 

BUT I can't find any turquoise non pareils!! Maybe I could do it in sanding sugar instead because I can make that myself? Or do the turquoise non pareils actually exist somewhere and I just can't find them! 

Thanks in advance for any help :)

3 replies
Nadiaa Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 12:25am
post #2 of 4

Never mind!! I've been searching online all morning and couldn't find anything, and as soon as I posted this I found a seller on easy who ships to Australia and does all sorts of amazing colours! 

Nadiaa Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 12:57am
post #3 of 4

Now I've found edible glitter. It says it's 'truly edible' not just non toxic. Hmmm….maybe I could do a glittery top tier. Or would that taste gross? I haven't used it before. 

Nadiaa Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 1:02am
post #4 of 4

http://www.cakesaroundtown.com.au/catalog/sprinkles-dusts-glitter-truly-edible-glitter-c-216_445.html

The glitter is this stuff. Thoughts? I think I'm hesitant to use it exclusively, but maybe a little mixed in with the non pareils would be pretty?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%