Doll Cake / Wondermold

Decorating By stampinron Updated 24 Jan 2014 , 3:09am by stampinron

stampinron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinron Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 5

I haven't made one of these in a bit, so I've forgotten some.   I remember someone saying that instead of baking an  extra 10 inch cake, you just carve the one baked in the wonder mold pan and add it to the dolls waist.   Does this sound familiar? And what part is it that I carve?

I feel silly because I made several years ago, and they are beautiful,  but can't remember if this is actually what I did.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance.

Charon

4 replies
kelly kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly kakes Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 5

ftls-do.jpg

this is an example, from the waste down is cake you can use 10 , 9 and 6 inch cake and shape it.

stampinron Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 5:09am
post #3 of 5

Thank you for replying, but I was asking how to do it without the extra baking of another cake.  Just the wondermold pan.

books Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
books Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 6:50am
post #4 of 5

The wondermold pan is to short unless you break off the legs or use a Wilton doll pick.

stampinron Posted 24 Jan 2014 , 3:09am
post #5 of 5

Okay, I decided to just do it and make it work.  Here is what I did.  Hopefully the pictures will tell the story.  I used only a Wondermold pan and a whole 'barbie' doll. Though, I cannot remember if this is what I did in the past. 

I baked 1 1/2 cake mixes and the part I carved off to flatten the bottom was what I used to build up the dress to cover the thigh and hips.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%