Business Name Feedback

Business By legallyshe Updated 22 Jan 2014 , 8:22pm by legallyshe

legallyshe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
legallyshe Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all,

I told myself that, at the start of the new year, I would begin taking steps to make my hobby a business, and for me, the first step is registering my trade name.  But now that it's time to set it in stone, I'm not feeling as confident about my choice, so I was hoping to get some feedback from any of you willing to share.

I've been toying with variations of basically the same name:

"The Juniper Cakery", "The Juniper Tree Cakery," "The Juniper Cakehouse," "The Juniper Tree Cakehouse."

My dilemma is 1. which of these should I use, and 2. should I use one of them at all? 

Thanks so much for your input!

8 replies
MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 9

I like the first one best.  The Juniper Cakery, it's simple and to the point.  But ultimately up to you.  Keep it simple so people can remember it and know exactly what it is.

Good Luck

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 9

I don't like any with the word Tree in it...and I don't really like the word Cakery in general...

"The Juniper Cakehouse" would be my choice.

legallyshe Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you both so much for your input!  May I ask, why not the word "tree?"  Is it because it doesn't associate well with cake?

Thanks again!

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 9

I'm not crazy about the word Tree either in them.  My reason, is I'm allergic to almost every tree there is out there.  So when I hear that word, it isn't really good for me...lol  I wouldn't be as quick to go to something with that in the name.  Even though Juniper is a type of tree, I don't think about that with the word on its own.  Good luck!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 9

I just thought it didn't flow as well as "Juniper" did on its own...

If it was "The Elm Tree Cakehouse", it would need the word Tree...

Juniper doesn't...in my opinion.

...and even if someone wasn't sure what a Juniper was, there's no mistaking Cakehouse or Cakery, which is what's most important.

shaunana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shaunana Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 7:50pm
post #7 of 9

Juniper Cakery!  And do you plan on selling anything not cake related? Good luck to you!

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 9

Juniper Berry's Cake Shop ???

legallyshe Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 8:22pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks CakeRae, I was wondering how it would sound from a consumer perspective. :)

FlourPots, thanks for explaining that.  Your input's been really helpful and your reasoning totally makes sense.  You're right, it's the "cake" part that's important for people to get!

Shaunana, I really want to focus on cakes, so I wanted to convey that in the name.  But I'll do cupcakes, too & cake pops/cookies with an existing order. And thanks for the well wishes, I'm a bit nervous. :)

Enga, thanks for the suggestion, more to consider!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%