Archery Target Cupcake Topper For Fund Raiser - Procedure Ideas?

Baking By CakeAwake Updated 22 Jan 2014 , 1:37am by savannahquinn

CakeAwake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeAwake Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 8

Hello Cakers! 

I need to create 100 cupcakes with an archery target topper (with partial arrow sticking out) for a fund raiser that is being held on February 16th. My question is: what do you think is the fastest and least labor intensive way to create the topper? Hand painting is labor-intensive  and will leave them inconsistent (not to mention my lack of experience at hand painting). I thought of using circle cutters to cut out the circles for each of the different colors (gold, blue, red and black) and then adhere them to a white circle of fondant? But again, probably not the best use of time to do that for each cupcake. I also thought of creating a log of fondant with each color encircling the other to create a sort of slice-and-bake effect and then slice off each topper from the log but I was worried about keeping it circular? Wouldn't the cutting of the fondant log smash down a little with each cut? I would really appreciate any advice or ideas you can offer. Thank you!  :)

7 replies
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 8

I like the idea of a log.   what if you froze it and used a slicer to cut it?

CakeAwake Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 8

Does fondant sweat when frozen? Slicer sounds good...maybe like a cheese slicer that slices uniform sizes?

savannahquinn Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 8

if you leave it out it will dry

CakeAwake Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 8

Sorry if this is a dumb question but: roll log, freeze log (in plastic wrap?), slice while frozen and then leave the toppers out to dry after slicing? Just want to make sure I'm getting this right. And thank you very much for the help!

savannahquinn Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 8

yes - that's what I'm thinking....I've never done it but why don't you give it a trial run.  I would have been the person to cut 300 concentric circles though and just layered them.  But the rolling of it and slicing it is intriguing to me!!! Sorry to use you as a ginny pig!!!!:twisted: if you have a mandolin slicer I think that would be helpful....Let me know if you try it! 

CakeAwake Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 1:34am
post #7 of 8

I do have a mandolin! Capital idea!  LOL....thank you for the input. I am going to do a trial run this weekend because the committee wants to see samples first before the fund raiser. ;-D

savannahquinn Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 1:37am
post #8 of 8

Let me know if it works!   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%