Freezing Rice Crispy Treats Covered With Fondant??

Decorating By melodym38 Updated 22 Jan 2014 , 9:29pm by melodym38

melodym38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodym38 Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make a couple of items out of rice crispy treats and cover them with fondant (football, baseball, baseball glove, bat)

Just wondering has anyone ever tried to freeze an item and how did it do.

I want it to still be fresh and edible without killing myself the day before to do them all.

Thanks for any and all replys in advance!!!!!

5 replies
melodym38 Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 6

ADoes anybody have any suggestions? I will try anything to help with time management of these pieces to keep them fresh. Thanks Also do you think if I made them 3 days ahead an they are eaten on 4 th day they will be stale?

anaelisabethlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anaelisabethlee Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 6

AI'm not sure about freezing, but I've made them a week in advance and kept it in the fridge. Modelled but not covered. Then I covered them about 3 days in advance and they were fine?

melodym38 Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 6

AThank you so much for your reply.. I will try this

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 6

ARKT covered in fondant (attached with melted chocolate) would be fine even at room temp for at least a week, probably two- maybe more! There's nothing perishable in it so long as you don't use anything perishable to attach the fondant.

melodym38 Posted 22 Jan 2014 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 6

Ok thank you.... there was another thread on here saying that the cereal will be stale after 3 days and you couldnt really eat the item anymore.. .. that's why I was asking can you freeze it.  But if you think the RKT wont be stale then that's all good!!!! Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%