Delivery Charging?

Decorating By kmanning Updated 21 Jan 2014 , 5:33pm by victoriaashley

kmanning Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 2

AThe past few days I have been seeing a lot of "how much do I charge" or "how much does this cake cost", but I don't see a lot of delivery charging info. Soon I will be baking from home (CFL) I know that people won't want to drive to my home to get there order. (10 miles out of town) So I know that gas and my time will have to be taken into account when charging, but how much is over doing it?

I'm sure that some people won't want to pay 20-30 dollars for a short drive for delivery.

1 reply
victoriaashley Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 2

AThe federal mileage reimbursement for those driving personal cars for business usage is $0.56 per mile. This is what I get reimbursed at my day job (not baking). I would start with that and either have a minimum fee (say $10?) or add on a fee if necessary for long distances and/or poor weather transportation. As far as delivery goes, I have no idea what to charge, but I remember reading some bakers include that in their quote, so that way they don't sound like they are nickel and dining after a quote had been given. Gl! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%