Best Yellow Cake Recipe?

Baking By CandiBakes Updated 1 Feb 2014 , 7:08pm by nancylee61

CandiBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandiBakes Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 17

I'm looking for a GREAT yellow cake recipe (scratch). I've made a few but they just didn't come out as moist as I'd like. Can anyone help me? TIA

16 replies
JerryLINY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JerryLINY Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 3:21am
post #2 of 17

ANick Malgieris yellow cake

3/4 c butter 1c sugar 2t vanilla 3 eggs 1 3/4 c AP flour 2t baking powdrr 1/2 t salt 1/3 c buttermilk

Deleted for possible copyright

nancylee61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancylee61 Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 17

AI hope I did this right! This cake batter came out like frosting! Nancy

nancylee61 Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 17

AJerry, Is your recipe right? It came out like corn bread! Nancy

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 17

I have a great recipe that will rock your world...

See my signature line.  Perfect for anyone that wants to learn to scratch bake and has 21 variations, just from one recipe.  I prefer yellow cake myself also.

nancylee61 Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 17

AHi, I was on your website the other day - is this a paid one? I could not figure out how to pay? Thanks! Nanc

nancylee61 Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 4:40pm
post #7 of 17

ABTW, you are an awesome baker! I really admire your work. Nancy

JerryLINY Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 17

Hi Nancy-

Sorry it didn't come out well for you. When I've made it always comes out moist and buttery and yes, it is a thick batter.  I got the recipe from his Modern Baker cookbook and double checked it and it's correct. I'm sure you will like From Scratch's recipe as I've also made that recipe and it makes a great textured cake. Good luck!

nancylee61 Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 5:00pm
post #9 of 17

AJerry, I must have done something wrong! Is it supposed to be moist or dense? Or maybe I didn't have my butter soft enough? Any thoughts? Nanc

nancylee61 Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 5:05pm
post #10 of 17

ABTW, my son lives in Brooklyn, my daughter goes to college in NYC and my parents live on Staten Island and my husband was a NYC firefighter! I come down from way up north a couple of times a month! Nancy

FromScratchSF Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 5:26pm
post #11 of 17

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancylee61 

Hi,
I was on your website the other day - is this a paid one? I could not figure out how to pay?
Thanks!
Nanc

I am minimally charging for the recipe now but haven't figured out how to do it.l  It's my mission to figure out how to do today.  It's not as easy as I though it would to just add a stupid button to the blog!  LOL  Anyway I'm sorry I'm working on it right now.

JerryLINY Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 5:49pm
post #12 of 17

We're closer than we think!  The only thing I could think of is how the flour was measured.  Did you fluff it up and then spoon lightly into dry measuring cup then level off with straight edge?  Did you use large eggs?   I don't think butter softness was critical unless it was going to mixed all together with the other ingredients at one time.  Since it is creamed with the sugar first it should be OK.  Did you mix for the full 3 minutes- he made a notation on the recipe to make sure to do this.  Of course, it could be just a subjective thing too!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 5:50pm
post #13 of 17

can you not just send peeps an invoice from your paypal account--i mean i think i did it once to test it--i thought that all you need is their email address

i'm not a paypal guru --just a thought

FromScratchSF Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 6:05pm
post #14 of 17

K8, aren't you a card!  Your post is completely inappropriate and I don't know why your personal grudge against me has to be taken out on threads started by new members.  

OP, please ignore our posts, they are off topic and have no place here.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 6:11pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylee61 

Hi,
I was on your website the other day - is this a paid one? I could not figure out how to pay?
Thanks!
Nanc

I am minimally charging for the recipe now but haven't figured out how to do it.l  It's my mission to figure out how to do today.  It's not as easy as I though it would to just add a stupid button to the blog!  LOL  Anyway I'm sorry I'm working on it right now.

no i'm not a card--i'm helping you--you mentioned upthread you're trying to figure out how to charge for your recipe--just send peeps an invoice from your paypal account

i'm responding to your post

if you have a paypal account that is one way to do it--no problem-o

nancylee61 Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 7:05pm
post #16 of 17

ASo how can I get it? I'm desperate!!!!!, :)

nancylee61 Posted 1 Feb 2014 , 7:07pm
post #17 of 17

AYou know, I was thinking maybe I didn't cream the butter and sugar enough? With my kitchen aid, the mixer doesn't grab all the butter because the amount is small. Or maybe the flour mistake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%