Ruffled Flower Tier

Decorating By VRCakes Updated 21 Jan 2014 , 12:57pm by Nadiaa

VRCakes Posted 19 Jan 2014 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 5

ADoes anybody know how to create this ruffled effect? It looks like individual flowers but can't work out exactly how it's done. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance [IMG][/IMG]

4 replies
Apti Posted 20 Jan 2014 , 12:20am
post #2 of 5  (use google translate to translate into English)


You can also do a search for "ruffled fondant" or "ruffled cake"

VRCakes Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 7:28am
post #3 of 5

Athanks for your reply. I think the look I'm trying to achieve is different from this though. It looks like it has been created by individual flowers made to look ruffled rather than a ruffle made from a strip of fondant. Thanks anyway

JanDunlevy Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 10:31am
post #4 of 5

AMy best guess would be a five petal cutter, slightly ruffled on the edges, bunched together in the center and attached. I just did a similar cake by cutting 1 1/2 inch circles and folding them for a ruffled effect but has a little different look than this.

Nadiaa Posted 21 Jan 2014 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 5

AI have seen a similar effect where circles of fondant have been cut out then each circle folded into quarters and the edges ruffled out. So pretty much exactly what Jan said, lol!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%