Friday Night Cake Club For 1/17/14

Decorating By catlharper Updated 18 Jan 2014 , 11:08pm by shyann_rayne

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 3:51am
post #1 of 15

Opening up another session of the FNCC! This is for everyone who wants to share their week, share photos of their work, needs help or can provide help this week. Hope to see lots of fun photos!

Cat

14 replies
catlharper Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 3:54am
post #2 of 15

Hi everyone! I'm out of town this week working on upcoming events. We have 3 events in the next 6 weeks and two are major events so they take some "on the ground" work to get them done. I've also had two days to be able to hang out at the beach which is great for the photography part of my art. No baking of any sort this week since I am away from my kitchen but I keep getting treated by clients to new restaurants so it's definitely not all bad! LOL!

Hope everyone has had a great week!

Cat

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:41am
post #3 of 15

AHere's mine. For my daughter's second birthday. It's chocolate with chocolate orange bc and ganache. The pigs are made from modelling choc so the kids can eat them. [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3169427/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:57am
post #4 of 15

longlou: It is really neat.  I like the way you used the fondant to write the name, that's slick. This is adorable.

catlharper Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 8:07am
post #5 of 15

Louglou! I adore the pig cake! Such clean work too! It's cakes like this that make me really want to make one that has lots of details!

Cat

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 8:17am
post #6 of 15

AThanks for your lovely comments. I love doing the little details.

leilossweetshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leilossweetshop Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:27pm
post #7 of 15

AHey ladies, this week we made a cake for my class and decorated it in class... im getting better but still have a long way to go, lll[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3169510/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

It's a lemon cake with lemon buttercream frosting. I also made valentine's sugar cookies this week and I love how they turned out... [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3169512/width/200/height/400[/IMG] It was my first time using royal icing and I decorated some with fondant

leilossweetshop Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 15

A[@]louglou[/@] your cake is adorable:-)

catlharper Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 4:55pm
post #9 of 15

Leilo, my piping is still my downfall so I just keep practicing with each cake. It's the only way to get better. But the fun part is learning all the great patterns that the tips can make! Have fun in class! Your cookies are adorable. I have never really tried to do cookies but am considering learning this year as a way to extend my tool box.

Cat

SPCOhio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leilossweetshop Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:17pm
post #11 of 15

AWow [@]SPCOhio[/@] you are amazing!!!

SPCOhio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCOhio Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 7:38pm
post #12 of 15

ALeilossweetshop, thank you. I have been working to improve my skills this year but I still have a long way to go! I think my biggest downfall is that I rush through my projects because I can't wait to see if what I have in mind actually works! I need to slow down and pay better attention to doing clean work.

catlharper Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 9:26pm
post #13 of 15

SPCOhio...I do that too! Your cake is just out of this world! And I love how delicate the cookies look...just elegant!

texasporvida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasporvida Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 10:47pm
post #14 of 15

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3169814/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

My first time with modeling chocolate. Used it on buttercream.

shyann_rayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shyann_rayne Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 11:08pm
post #15 of 15

This is a cake I made for my brother in laws girlfriends little girl. I am just a hobby baker and my skills are slowly improving over time. Thanks to Sharon Zambito dvd I finally have smooth buttercream, well I did till I stuck my knuckle in it putting it together. Oh well.Cake for my brother in laws girlfriend little girl. Buttercream with fondant accents. This is the smoothest my buttercream has ever been thanks to Sharon Zambito dvds!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%