How Much Should I Charge For My Homemade Cakes

Business By cakesbycheka Updated 28 Jan 2014 , 12:51am by NetworkZombie

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 2:28am
post #31 of 41

Thanks morganchampagne!  I'm so glad she is doing great - I'm going to have to order one of those stands.  Love the silvery one she custom made for someone.

Liz

brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 3:32am
post #32 of 41

AIm so happy for batterupcake, shes awesome and was one of the first and very very few to welcome me to CC when i first started on here. As for Jason, he has my support!!!!! He has been extremely kind and helpful to everyone here. I dont understand what happened to his being banned but i think it was wrong. I believe that on this forum its guaranteed that not everyone will get along or agree but everyone has the right to their own opinions. I hope he will be back very soon. We miss you Jason.

candyandcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyandcakeco Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 4:52am
post #33 of 41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 

If you're selling, I'd like to suggest that you present your cakes a little nicer than that, customers deserve a nice looking cake, no matter what they're paying. The silver drum in the top picture is great, but maybe cover your board in coordinating fondant, and wrap a ribbon around the edge. You definitely don't want to give a customer a cake on an unfinished cardboard like that minion is sitting on, nor aluminum foil like the middle photo. Presentation is very important, it adds value to your product and just plain looks nicer.

Quote:

I agree too... The cakes still need work, so a low fee to cover the material... its a fair price so you keep on practicing. Also, volunteering for friends bdays or bakesales can give you lots of practice. Best of luck :)

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 7:56am
post #34 of 41

Oh gag me. He was a needler, and an instigator, not the patron saint of CC.

There is a lot that goes on via PMs that nobody sees.
I would assume if it was serious enough for Heath to *descend* into the forums to answer, there was more to it.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 3:16pm
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

Oh gag me. He was a needler, and an instigator, not the patron saint of CC.

There is a lot that goes on via PMs that nobody sees.
I would assume if it was serious enough for Heath to *descend* into the forums to answer, there was more to it.

There are several women around here that are needlers, instigators and worse!! If being liked by everyone was necessary to post in a public forum there wouldn't be many people with any experience hanging around and posting.

Sometimes needling people is just what is needed! Those needlers have raised the bar in the quality of cakes and decoration being done today. They've also needled newbies to death over pricing correctly, something that effects the whole industry.

How do you know what goes on in PMs that nobody sees? Do moderators talk about members to other members behind their backs? That's not professional!!

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 6:25pm
post #36 of 41

I never said he was the only one, or the worst, did I? It's not grounds for being banned, nor should it be. I was just stating that all the sickly sweet saintly posts were BS.

I also never said, or unsinuated in any way, that mods were talking, geez. I talk to a lot of other members here, you know, the people that recieve PMs.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 7:02pm
post #37 of 41

Quote:

I was just stating that all the sickly sweet saintly posts were BS.

Nice opinion to share in public.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 7:19pm
post #38 of 41

Oh gosh, I am sorry. In the future I will take your example and always censor my opinions so they are in no way distasteful to others.

Just to be clear, since it seems my words are so hard to comprehend, I never said I disliked Jason, or think he is a bad person, I said he was an instigator. He admits to that openly, I have seen him say plenty of times he loves to 'fuel a debate'.

These posts about his heart over flowing with kindness are just silly. He enjoyed weedling people.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 7:38pm
post #39 of 41

Quote:

This...

Nobody gets banned from a forum because people don't like you, that's for facebook groups. You get banned on forums for things that you do that go against the rules of the forum. I'm on a couple of forums that will toss your butt off so fast it will make your head spin if you violate their terms of service. In comparison this one is very liberal in what they let people post. Don't kid yourselves.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 27 Jan 2014 , 11:11pm
post #40 of 41

Jason blogged about it: http://jasonkraftblog.wordpress.com/ 

NetworkZombie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NetworkZombie Posted 28 Jan 2014 , 12:37am
post #41 of 41

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%