Banana Cake Troubleshooting

Baking By audairymaid Updated 18 Jan 2014 , 2:48pm by savannahquinn

audairymaid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audairymaid Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 2

Every year a friend of mine asks for a banana cream pie cake for his wife. Every year he raves that it was great, but not exactly what she wanted usually in relation to the cake density. I have experimented with lots of banana cake recipes, and no matter how light and fluffy they turn out, they are still not as light and fluffy as a typical white or yellow cake (which is what I think he is looking for). I have always assumed this had something to do with the natural properties of mashed bananas in the batter. So I am curious if anyone has any hints or advice for a light and fluffy banana cake. At this point I am considering trying to incorporate a banana pudding mix into my scratch recipe or just trying a banana flavoring, but I am afraid the flavor is going to suffer greatly. The other components of the cake are a homemade custard filling with fresh banana slices, and a whipped cream frosting. Thanks!

1 reply
savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 18 Jan 2014 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 2

Here is a thread on this topic. I haven't read through it but hopefully you will find it helpful!

Is there such a thing as a FLUFFY banana cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%