Baking 2 Cakes

Decorating By bunky48 Updated 17 Jan 2014 , 5:02pm by bunky48

bunky48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunky48 Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 3

AGood morning Ladies and Gentlemen, I was wondering is it a bad idea to bake 2 (two) 12x18x2 cakes at the same time. I have an order for 2 full sheet cakes for an event and baking these all separately will take allot of time considering it takes about 45-50 minutes per cake. I usually do each cake separately but I was going to buy another 12x18x2 cake pan so I can do 2 at a time.

2 replies
craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 3

AThat would depend on if you will have enough airflow in your oven for the two pans. With my oven, if I can't fit both of my cookie sheets on the middle rack, then I have to bake them separately or switch the racks they're on half way through to avoid over browning the tops/bottoms. Having more pans can be a good thing though, it lets me fill one pan while the other is baking so all I have to do is switch them out and not wait for the pan to cool down before I use it again. But again, it'll depend on your oven, mine is a gas oven with heating elements both on the top and bottom, so middle is ideal for me. However my aunt has an electric convection oven and she can just about fill her oven without the need for switching the a pans half way through.

bunky48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunky48 Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 3

AThank you so much for your help. I have an electric oven I guess I will have to experiment. But I think I will still buy the extra pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%