Scroll Work

Decorating By Monii89 Updated 15 Jan 2014 , 3:33pm by Monii89

Monii89 Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 12:20am
post #1 of 3


I'm not new to this website, but it's the first time I posted before.  I'm trying to find out how to do this type of scroll work that's on this cake .  Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial for it or have any tips or suggestions?  Thanks!

2 replies
Evoir Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 12:47am
post #2 of 3

It's called a quilling technique, if you are looking for videos or tutes. But basically its based on paper quilling. You cut your gumpaste into thin strips and assemble it into the final shapes you want placed on you cake. Then allow it to dry, before applying to the cake. Hope this helps!

Monii89 Posted 15 Jan 2014 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks!  I never thought to do it that way, I've done quilling with paper, but never thought to do it on a cake.  I read just after I posted this in a wilton book to use a large round tip with royal icing, let it sit, and continue getting smaller with the tips and adding on top if it'll be on the cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%