Confused With Ariston Oven Symbols (Pics Included)

Decorating By kausha Updated 14 Jan 2014 , 4:00pm by kausha

kausha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kausha Posted 11 Jan 2014 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 8

AHi,

Just found out that my oven is messing the temperature(gas oven) i have a spare one which my friend gave me some time ago. Its an Ariston and I am quite confused with the symbols!! Thee are 3 knobs: Timer, temperature and the other Knob to the left.

1) What I want to know is when am baking pastries,cakes etc..i should just set the Temp and the timer right? Nothing to do with the "Other Knob" on the left... .? Or should it be set to any number..?

2) What do the symbols say exactly ?

Hope someone helps me out. At the moment this is the only oven which comes handy till i get some cash to get a new one :)

Thanks a ton to everyone who helps!!!:-D

[ATTACHMENT=1443]image.jpg (67k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=1445]image.jpg (73k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=1446]image.jpg (64k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Jan 2014 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 8

i just googled and found they have a ton of manuals and pdfs online--that's a good place to start --

barbbouk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbbouk Posted 11 Jan 2014 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 8

AYour third picture explains the use of the knob to the left. The star is just the oven light with no heat, the others represent how the oven heats, whole oven, low grill, high grill, high gril with fan, etc. with a temp ranging from 50 to the maximum temp. The numbers on the icons correspond to the numbers on the knob. The knob basically turns the oven on. Hope this helps!

kausha Posted 12 Jan 2014 , 11:31am
post #4 of 8

AThank for replying :) I did a Google search too. . But I need to the model number first. The thing is I want to know whether the knob to the left has to be at 0 when baking cakes and pastries. Maybe I'll look a Ariston forum or contact them directly.

Ps: barbbouk , thank you for the details! !

Thanks again

kausha Posted 12 Jan 2014 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbbouk 

Your third picture explains the use of the knob to the left. The star is just the oven light with no heat, the others represent how the oven heats, whole oven, low grill, high grill, high gril with fan, etc. with a temp ranging from 50 to the maximum temp. The numbers on the icons correspond to the numbers on the knob. The knob basically turns the oven on.
Hope this helps!

hey barbouk, just noted what u had said "the knob turns ON the Oven" !! wow, so that answers my question. Just another doubt(sorry i know am a  pain lol ) To bake a cake I presume I will have to turn knob to 2 right? But...its states 50MAX ?? Or am I getting the whole pic wrong.......

barbbouk Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 12:40am
post #6 of 8

AI believe that means it can be set at any temp from 50 to the MAX, which is 220 C.

barbbouk Posted 13 Jan 2014 , 12:42am
post #7 of 8

AAnd yes, you would turn the knob to number 2 to bake.

kausha Posted 14 Jan 2014 , 4:00pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you so much barbbouk!!

Found out the model number, its i-FV1. But unable to find the manual online.pretty old oven i guess!! I had written to Ariston asking for the manual. Lets hope they reply...till now nothing :/ Oh btw, it's a built in oven so the kitchen has to be altered a bit !!! 8-O

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%