Fondant Drying On Cake!

Decorating By Sanyahassan Updated 16 Feb 2014 , 4:40pm by mizzzliza

Sanyahassan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sanyahassan Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 5

AIve put my fondant on the cake but its drying up and cracking! Don't know why! What do I do? Pls help!

4 replies
FoxtailBakeshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FoxtailBakeshop Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 5

You may have overworked your fondant.  You can try and add shortening to the cracked areas and try and smooth that out.  You can also take the fondant off and rework some fresh fondant in with shortening and re enrobe.

leilossweetshop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leilossweetshop Posted 9 Jan 2014 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 5

AMaybe you rolled it out to thin??? Is it store bought or did you make it yourself? If you made it yourself, maybe you did somethin during process?

Sanyahassan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sanyahassan Posted 10 Jan 2014 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 5

AI was using satin ice. I just rubbed some crisco on the cracks and luckily they kind of disappeared!

mizzzliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizzzliza Posted 16 Feb 2014 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 5

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3187266/width/200/height/400[/IMG]I have this issue too. It goes on just fine but by the next day it develops cracks. I just made a cake with a 1" border. Went to get it packaged to transport and a chunk of the border fell off. So frustrating. I'm using satin ice. Only rolled out once so I don't believe it was overworked. I use the sweet wise mat so no crisco or anything under the fondant. What's the trick to keeping it fresh for a day or two?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%