How Should I Charge For Cake Pops?

Business By fatimarateb5 Updated 7 Jan 2014 , 6:21pm by Babbo

fatimarateb5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fatimarateb5 Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:59am
post #1 of 6

hi I am a licensed home baker. a customer wants to know how much I would charge for 60 vanilla standard cake pops, just half blue and half green with sprinkles. the ingridents would cost me no more then $10 & it would take me any where between 1-3 hours depending on my schedule that day. ive never sold them before so I need the advice thanks!!

AND HOW MUCH FOR 60 VANILLA CAKE POPS LIKE THE OES IN THIS PICTURE

5 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 4:14am
post #2 of 6

AIf you can crumble, mix, roll, stick, dip and decorate 60 cake pops in an hour (I'm assuming you already have the cake baked) I'd love to see it.

Charge what you think it is worth, based on local market rates and your expenses and time. How do you usually work out what to charge for your other products?

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 4:25am
post #3 of 6

Nobody can really tell you what to charge, things vary for everyone. You can get answers online anywhere from $1 each to $10 each.

Add up everything it will cost you to make them, include things like electric, insurance, etc. Then set what you want to make per hour, add them together, and voilà.

Don't underestimate your time though, I have made thousands of these annoying little things, and I couldn't do them start to finish in an hour. I also wouldn't be able to do them for $10, even if I was only adding up ingredients.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 5:09am
post #4 of 6

AI'd be at $2 each for the plain ones with sprinkles. I wouldn't offer the ones with faces. Cake pops are already a pita, I don't do fancy schmancy ones.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 5:21am
post #5 of 6

AI don't do them at all.

Babbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babbo Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 6

ANear me people charge any where from £1 - £3 depending on complexity.

If I was you I wouldn't charge less than £60 though. After all it's your time and if you are a business you don't want to be too cheap and regret it x good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%