Mrstoulis Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 1:47am
post #1 of

AI am a novice baker and have been asked to make a cake for 180 people! I love Duncan Hines Pound Cake Mix and have gotten many compliments on it. But I need BIG boxes to make a BIG cake. I would hate to have to buy a bazillions little boxes and don't want to make a cake from scratch for fear that it won't taste good. Please help:)

9 replies
enga Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 2:43am
post #2 of

Try a restaurant supply in your area, I've found 5 and 10 pound mixes there or try online some offer discounts on shipping.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:05am
post #3 of

I would contact the companies that make mix and ask where you can buy it in bulk. Or just google restaurant supply in your city.
 

MeghanKelly Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 3:33am
post #4 of

Costco, Sam's Club, or Restaurant Depot may carry larger boxes.  I know RD has huge 50# sacks of plain white cake mix.  Costco frequently has larger sizes of mix too.

enga Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 4:14am
post #5 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeghanKelly 
 

Costco, Sam's Club, or Restaurant Depot may carry larger boxes.  I know RD has huge 50# sacks of plain white cake mix.  Costco frequently has larger sizes of mix too.


Where in RD they told me they didnt have it. :sad:

leah_s Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 5:10am
post #6 of

ATry GFS also.

CWR41 Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 5:27am
post #7 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrstoulis 

I would hate to have to buy a bazillions little boxes....


It's not that big... not bazillions of boxes -- you just need to open 10 (or fewer) box mixes.

enga Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 5:29am
post #8 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by leah_s 

Try GFS also.


Good one Lea I forgot about them

enga Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 5:46am
post #9 of

* sorry Leah_s

doramoreno62 Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 7:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWR41 
 


It's not that big... not bazillions of boxes -- you just need to open 10 (or fewer) box mixes.

This^^

If you bought a 50lb bag of mix, you would most likely have lots left over.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%