Is This An Attack On The Newbie

Lounge By paperlace1 Updated 5 Jan 2014 , 1:32am by kikiandkyle

cupcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemaker Posted 4 Jan 2014 , 9:17pm
post #31 of 42

A

Original message sent by paperlace1

it is a shame then that consideration  was not given to both places being [SIZE=13px]open to public scrutiny and interpretation. the whole forum is laced with "not good enough" newbie  innuendos and as a newbie I am sick of it. i came[/SIZE][SIZE=13px] here to make friends and to learn. if putting her comment on here would have stirring the pot then ANY public forum would do the same. If the[/SIZE][SIZE=13px] expert mafia on CC have nothing else to to offer in the way of support and friendship then why stay? yes i left seveal post on the fb page in an effort to temper the attitude that was developing. I have been on several forums but NEVER experienced this type of under currant. against a section of the membership. As for free advice - it was given without pressure. If the expert mafia no longer wish[/SIZE][SIZE=13px] to give that advice then the only action they need  to take is not to answer the post. Making a public statement is asking for a public response. It is my personal opinion that this FB message is another newbie attack it is just tied up with ribbon to make it look pretty! And as a person of a FREE WORLD i have the RIGHT to give my opinion regardless. If comments are meant to be private then there are methods to achieve that[/SIZE]

You've got a funny way of making friends. If your issue is people not being helpful then why criticise a post that proposes live and let live? I really don't get it. If you hate CC so much why are you still here?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 4 Jan 2014 , 10:36pm
post #32 of 42

AYou know, I was listening to a Crowded House song the other day and it said "can I have another piece of chocolate cake?" After this thread alerted me to the fact that everything in the public realm is related to this site, I have to find that song offensive because it implies that chocolate cake is the best, and ignores the fact that cheesecake is also delicious.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 4 Jan 2014 , 11:36pm
post #33 of 42

A

Original message sent by costumeczar

You know, I was listening to a Crowded House song the other day and it said "can I have another piece of chocolate cake?" After this thread alerted me to the fact that everything in the public realm is related to this site, I have to find that song offensive because it implies that chocolate cake is the best, and ignores the fact that cheesecake is also delicious.

Yes but cheesecake is not good for the lactose intolerant...your assertion that cheesecake is equal to chocolate cake is to assume that everyone can eat it! How dare you ignore the plight of the gass-y! I am offended.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 4 Jan 2014 , 11:42pm
post #34 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 

You know, I was listening to a Crowded House song the other day and it said "can I have another piece of chocolate cake?" After this thread alerted me to the fact that everything in the public realm is related to this site, I have to find that song offensive because it implies that chocolate cake is the best, and ignores the fact that cheesecake is also delicious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmijok 

Quote:

Originally Posted by costumeczar 

Yes but cheesecake is not good for the lactose intolerant...your assertion that cheesecake is equal to chocolate cake is to assume that everyone can eat it! How dare you ignore the plight of the gass-y! I am offended.

And you guys are both deranged for ignoring me! I am gluten intolerant and I can't have cake, unless it is made gluten free, in a gluten free kitchen.

Now I'm gonna stalk your pages and spread everything you do to the whole CC community!

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 4 Jan 2014 , 11:44pm
post #35 of 42

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmijok 

I makem my cheesecake with Gagonzola. I have had a lot of complaints. Could it be the pans I am baking them in?

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 12:15am
post #36 of 42

AThe gassy are being bullied!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 12:21am
post #37 of 42

Well this all certainly explains the posts made on the other threads.

Was wondering why someone was wanting to post on a cake site to 'make friends' and only get glitter dusted rainbow colored unicorns wearing roses without thorns.

My friends are just as dumb as I am, they know even less about baking and decorating. I'm here to learn.

Sadly but truly: my competition and my enemies have sharpened and improved my skills (in many areas) quickly and painfully...........by pointing out my ERRORS and SHORTCOMINGS.

Thus permitting me to improve. 

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 12:32am
post #38 of 42

Wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaah!!!  All I hear is whining and crying...

Another blurred thought on free speech.  You can say what you want, but you can't tell others not to do the same.  Free speech doesn't mean that people can't react to your words.  You are getting that reaction here and you are 100% free to reply in any way you want, but we all don't have to agree with it.  That's not how freedom of speech works.  No one is telling you that you can't think what you want... just that what you are thinking is wrong.  You can believe it and move on or not... something tells me not.

Get over yourself.  If someone's status update, which you should take for nothing more than face value (seriously... AZCouture is one of the most generous people I know with both her talents and know-how), gets your knickers in that much of a bind then you have no place on the internet.  Not everything is aimed at you or has anything to do with you.  Self-righteous indeed.  You must read people saying that their day is going amazing as an attack on you because your day isn't.  So tiring.

Maybe you should focus this energy into your cakes...

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 12:39am
post #39 of 42

who goes online to 'make friends'?!  That's what real life is for! Seriously- you've got to actually go get a life to make friends- don't do it online and then be passive aggressive about it. Who tries to make friends like that? people living in the dark basements!

Also- that professional's post (not even on this forum!) was all about positivity and to twist and warp it into something negative is just weird! What were your motives, OP?   You need to check yourself on your own post on this forum and not worry about other people's posts elsewhere. 

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 1:11am
post #40 of 42

I have made some friends on here. People that I talk to outside of the site about personal info and can always count on them for tips. I have acquaintances. Many people I chat with on the site and trade rips and ideas. I am sure I may have enemies on this site....and then the frenemies...the ones that you start out not liking and then find a common thread and start getting along. None of them will ever be my BFF or Maid of Honor in my wedding. But they are friends. And I am pretty sure that if I needed help even the folks that don't lie me would be willing to help. That's just the kind of peaople these cakers are.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 1:14am
post #41 of 42

paperlace1,

In another thread you said "I don't want to point any fingers or be disrespectful." This current thread is a gross contradiction to that. If you say you are going to behave a certain way, then you should behave that way. You might also want to follow the dictum of "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 5 Jan 2014 , 1:32am
post #42 of 42

Paperlace1 you need to get over yourself. And apologize to AZ for making such an unfounded and rude attack. 

The post said let's leave those who aren't interested in hearing our advice to themselves instead of banging our heads against the wall trying to get through to them. If 'lets leave them alone' comes across as an attack to you then you need to get out into the real world and see some actual problems. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%